Wal Mart will be interviewing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
gear_guy said:
My point is that they will not raise the corporate pay as long as people "making that for 6 years in the regionals" keep saying that it's fair pay. Sure it's a raise to people in the regionals. But for those of us making a career out of corporate aviation it is below average for the #1 company in the world. You're really screwing people out of the money the job deserves. That's all I am saying. You guys complain about the Mesa's and Jet Blue's, and then drive corporate aviation pay down yourselves. Thanks alot.
Well, I understand your point, and it is a valid one, but I don't see where Wal Mart's pay is excessively low considering the type of aircraft that they fly and the trips that they do. It may be one of the world's biggest companies, but you're not flying Falcon 900EX's or G550's all over the world...instead its a LJ31 flying mostly domestic trips that return to home-base every night. Being a corporate pilot myself (and not one that came from the regionals) I don't consider that to be a very unreasonable starting salary. I'm not sure what the pay is beyond the first year, though.

Does anyone know where to find out additional information (ie, requirements) for applying? I checked out the Wal Mart website but could not find anything Aviation related in the careers section.

So how did the phone interview go? Whats next? I heard they scheduled a 3-day interview process for some people down in Rogers. Thats a pretty long process! What happens if a candidate can't get down there on those specific days? Good luck!

44K doesn't seem too bad for NW Arkansas...its not like its SoCal or the NE corridor for goodness sakes. Plus you don't have to worry too much about the company going BK. More money would be nice though, it would probably keep people there longer. How are the bennies?

I'm curious too, what is the 3 and 5 year FO pay, and 5 year captain pay? Do they have anything bigger than Lears?

/too lazy to search

Treme said:
So how did the phone interview go? Whats next? I heard they scheduled a 3-day interview process for some people down in Rogers. Thats a pretty long process! What happens if a candidate can't get down there on those specific days? Good luck!
Treme,

You didn't display WHO you were directing your question towards regarding feedback from the Wal-Mart telephone interview.

As for others on this board, Sandy from Wal-Mart just called me yesterday and I'm booked for a 11AM telephone interview TOMORROW! Yeah I know it was short notice on both sides but they gotta do what they gotta do. So again I know it's short notice but aside from being myself tomorrow if any of ya'll have already been through it by all means PM as quick as possible so I can get a leg up on this.

Ernest

BoilerUP said:
44K doesn't seem too bad for NW Arkansas...its not like its SoCal or the NE corridor for goodness sakes. Plus you don't have to worry too much about the company going BK. More money would be nice though, it would probably keep people there longer. How are the bennies?

I'm curious too, what is the 3 and 5 year FO pay, and 5 year captain pay? Do they have anything bigger than Lears?

/too lazy to search
I know Wal-Mart operates a Global Express as well as a GIV (I am not sure if the GIV is still operated). The Global is capable of flying from Arkansas to China nonstop and it apparently does so frequently (from what I have heard). I am surprised that Wal-Mart doesn't operate more heavy iron beyond just the two mentioned as they continue to grow internationally - I imagine the Global pilots are worked A LOT..........

Arkansas to China non-stop?....humm....

you SURE bout' that??

Sounds like an 18hr leg to me....

Last edited:
Wal-Mart international ops

Rogers to Bejing doesn't work nonstop, but Bejing-rogers works... as does Seoul and Tokyo to Rogers.

We don't have the G-IV any more, but operate a CL601. Niether of the international airplanes get dusty.

My friend has an upcoming phone interview. Looking for a few bits about the interview.

Who is the Chief Pilot.
Anyone had a phone interview lately? What was asked.
(I did a search on here, found zero about it... mainly bashing walmart stuff)
Looking for any helpful info to help her out.
Any info appreciated.. PM PLEASE !!!!

ERJDRVR said:
My friend has an upcoming phone interview. Looking for a few bits about the interview.

Who is the Chief Pilot.
Anyone had a phone interview lately? What was asked.
(I did a search on here, found zero about it... mainly bashing walmart stuff)
Looking for any helpful info to help her out.
Any info appreciated.. PM PLEASE !!!!
ERJDRVR,

PM any Wal-Mart pilot about the phone interview. I just completed it and the 50 minute process was fair and balanced as a conference call could be with six pilots and an HR rep. asking situational questions and pilot technical questions. Good luck to your friend. They're looking to hire three pilots total.

Tailwinds...

Latest resources

Back