• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wal-Mart is Hiring!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I spoke with Reba on May 11th. Had a great conversation with a sharp, well informed person- much like the others I spoke with from Wal Mart Aviation. I had three phone interviews by Wal Mart Aviation. Unfortunately I had to turn down a face to face interview in Atlanta (at FlightSafety) due to a closing on the sale of my home, moving, and the Parents flying in to help. Ever had one of those times in your life when all of the planets, wait, no, the whole galaxy isn't working for you?

Good luck to those who interview, I wish you success!

If you make the assumption that all pilots that are trained and pass their check rides are competent and therefore qualified... the ONLY way to upgrade is with seniority.. this is the way it's done in our business, and any other way is BS..

And to give women an extra hand up in this day and age with jobs are rare as they are is a great way to make them even more welcome in this 90%+ male industry!

I long ago reached the conclusion that the proponents of affirmative action, whether based on race, gender, or on any other basis, are people who are not looking for equality, per se. They instead are looking for a specific kind of inequality, an inequality that favors themselves or a particular group or groups.

It is affirmative action itself that will hold back many people, because it will always be lurking in the background, quietly suggesting that the person would not have the current job were it not for a policy that places more value on what the person is, rather than what the person can do.

Powercurve,

Well - don't keep us in suspense.... How did you do? Did not attending the face-to-face hurt your chances?

Keep us informed when you get the word...

Good luck!

Not attending the interview process in Atlanta was a dealbreaker. It was explained to me in the third phone interview with Reba that I would have to attend the interview at FlightSafety in ATL over the dates May 29,30,31 and June 1st in order to progress to an offer from Wal-Mart.

I didn't ask how many people would be attending the interview process in Atlanta, but I'm sure the competition will be strong.

So, until the dust settles in my personal life, I'll continue to update my resume with Wal-Mart.

Maybe someone will post a result of the ATL round of face-to-face interviews when they return from the process.

Just wanted to post and publicly commend the Wal-Mart Aviation folks who made the interview process in Atlanta so pleasurable. Obviously the negatives posted in this forum are unfounded.

Looking forward to meeting all of them again in Rogers soon. Thanks again to each of them! Guess I'll need to come up with a new username???

well spoken

The whole process was a very pleasurable experience and was put on by a top notch group worthy of praise.

Cheers.

Rebajetgirl or any other walmart pilot, if you know about a new application window please publish it, or if you don't want the negative comments just send me a pm.

For those that were negative about the fo salary: do you know there are companies that don't even pay captains that much for planes that carry double the amount of passengers? And 65000 for a captain first year? The company I flew the 727 for had captains max out at 70000 after 10 years. And here you talk about a plane that'squite a lot bigger and (I believe) faster than a learjet (Mmo 0.90)

"For those that were negative about the fo salary: do you know there are companies that don't even pay captains that much for planes that carry double the amount of passengers? And 65000 for a captain first year?"

Yes, and we wonder why someone would do that job for so little pay, AND thank the good Lord for airtight SCOPE clauses.

AV8OR said:
"For those that were negative about the fo salary: do you know there are companies that don't even pay captains that much for planes that carry double the amount of passengers? And 65000 for a captain first year?"

Yes, and we wonder why someone would do that job for so little pay, AND thank the good Lord for airtight SCOPE clauses.

Amen Brada!

Latest resources

Back