Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
4th year Ca at Mesa- 82K

82K/$59 = 1389 hours of credit

That equates to over 3.8 hours of credit for every single day last year. Not just work days, but all 365. It also means even if you flew the full 1000 hours max you would be getting paid at an average rate of almost 1.4 times base rate for every single hour flown.

I didn't know Mesa's rigs were that good. :rolleyes:

That equates to over 3.8 hours of credit for every single day last year. Not just work days, but all 365. It also means even if you flew the full 1000 hours max you would be getting paid at an average rate of almost 1.4 times base rate for every single hour flown.

Yea I'm not so sure of that. Mesa Capts I jumpseat with routinely fly more than they actually get paid...last year a 900 capt told me he flew 101 hours the previous month but only got paid 96.

I'd like to see how this guy explains it.

It was just flame bait, I was hoping no one was going to respond to it. I called my buddy at Mesa who is a 4th year captain there and asked him if it was possible, and he did not see how. He said that if he included his per-diem from last year(which to me is not income)he grossed 59K.

It's not much of a stretch when Open time was paid double time (65hrs, before the furlough of course) worked through one of my banked weeks of vacation. Averaged just under 100 hrs of CREDIT per bid period, throw in perdiem and there u go. Believe it or not.

It's not much of a stretch when Open time was paid double time (65hrs, before the furlough of course) worked through one of my banked weeks of vacation. Averaged just under 100 hrs of CREDIT per bid period, throw in perdiem and there u go. Believe it or not.
I guess it could be possible if what you say is true about the time worked, but dam you must have been working your tail off. (For what its worth per-diem is not really income though).

Thats for sure I worked my butt off. I'm not hitched and last winter was seeing the industry start to nosedive, so I worked and saved. Most my other buddies were in the low $70s and thats with little open time here and there on 4th yr captain pay. As for the per diem, I was just stating what my W2 says.

How did you get 12 bid periods of almost 100 hours without timing out?
I do know that Mesa does 28 day bid periods, so they have 13 bids a year.

Although I am not sure how you credited almost 1300 hours, as Mesa did not have block or better. What are their trip rigs?

Latest resources

Back