Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

W.Times editorial: Obama secretly ends FFDO program?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am glad I made laugh, mate :). TSA, for one. Police, two. Travelling public, three. Just because one has a gun, doesn't mean he is the king of the hill. If I am not mistaken Britpilot, police used to not carry weapons in England not too long ago.

Well, if a disaster has been averted I think I should know about it as a citizen. The shoebomber disaster has been talked about in the media. We pay paxes that finance various programms, I want to know how necessary/effecient/useful/etc. it is. Prove me wrong, why sound so misterious???

The TSA? Really, please, The Police? What do they have to do with airline security? Traveling public? OK, maybe.

2.You are mistaken. I am the son of a Metropilotan Police Officer. My dad retired in 1980, there were armed police in England then as there are now.

3.No, as a citizen you should be grateful that a disaster has been averted. It has been and you actually do not have the "right" to know everything, sorry to break that to you.
In 1977 I signed The Official Secrets Act when I was in service to the country I was a citizen of. I am still bound by that act until my death. I signed a similar agreement here as a US citizen. I know information that you do not that I cannot disclose. That is the way it is, sorry to burst your bubble.

Why would any pilot want to carry a gun? Seriously, why would you want to carry a gun in the flight deck? You have extra responsibility, with no extra pay. Where have our pay, benefits, and retirement gone since the start of the FFDO? Become a police officer if you want to carry a gun so bad.

Clearly you just do not understand the meaning of the word 'Patriot"
One does not need to be a Police Officer in order to carry a weapon, just ask a criminal.

Why would any pilot want to carry a gun? Seriously, why would you want to carry a gun in the flight deck? You have extra responsibility, with no extra pay. Where have our pay, benefits, and retirement gone since the start of the FFDO? Become a police officer if you want to carry a gun so bad.

Ah the anti crowd. You gotta love um. Its obvious after 911 that we don't have the enemy stopped at the border. Care to venture what is happening just a few feet south of our borders.
I wonder what thousands of wives, husbands, children, brothers and sister would give if the pilot of their families flight had a gun that day. I can tell that you didn't loose anyone that day. Its funny how you feel until the day its your dad or son or....
When thousands of us died on our own soil it leaves a bad taste...one you do everything to stop from happening again. I guess you would bet the farm on the door. I bet your tone would change if that was you in the cockpit that day. You have no clue what it feels like to be threaten with death and sitting there powerless to do anything about it. I can imagine being in that scenario and if someone had a gun to keep them out of the cockpit you can bet your azz anyone would take it. But unfortunately there are people like you who think you prepare after it happens. Funny how things change when its your life and not just some random names in a memorial.

Ah the anti crowd. You gotta love um. Its obvious after 911 that we don't have the enemy stopped at the border. Care to venture what is happening just a few feet south of our borders.
I wonder what thousands of wives, husbands, children, brothers and sister would give if the pilot of their families flight had a gun that day. I can tell that you didn't loose anyone that day. Its funny how you feel until the day its your dad or son or....
When thousands of us died on our own soil it leaves a bad taste...one you do everything to stop from happening again. I guess you would bet the farm on the door. I bet your tone would change if that was you in the cockpit that day. You have no clue what it feels like to be threaten with death and sitting there powerless to do anything about it. I can imagine being in that scenario and if someone had a gun to keep them out of the cockpit you can bet your azz anyone would take it. But unfortunately there are people like you who think you prepare after it happens. Funny how things change when its your life and not just some random names in a memorial.

How bout we just don't "cooperate don't escalate" that day?

Nuff said.

I lost my Dad and Mom 10 years ago due to a home evasion. I also had to burry my one and only child a year ago. You already know my opinion on the matter above. So suck it up and deal with it. Or else!!!

Sense of pride to volunteer to serve my country? Does everything have to be done just for the money? Would we have the military that we do if they went in just for the money?

I lost my Dad and Mom 10 years ago due to a home evasion. I also had to burry my one and only child a year ago. You already know my opinion on the matter above. So suck it up and deal with it. Or else!!!

1. I am very sorry for your loss. Truly.

2. Or else what?

The TSA? Really, please, The Police? What do they have to do with airline security? Traveling public? OK, maybe.

Again, just because you carry a gun you don't have to look down on everybody else. TSA does screen people out, regardless of what you think.

Yep, police. They are at every passenger airport. Not many, but they are there.

Flying public. The showbomber was brought down by passengers and not by a someone with a gun. The last time someone used a weapon in the a/c ended up in a tragegy when passenger taking prescription drugs was MISTAKENLY killed. (http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/07/airplane.gunshot/index.html).

2.You are mistaken. I am the son of a Metropilotan Police Officer. My dad retired in 1980, there were armed police in England then as there are now.
Am I? Read the first sentence from Wiki:

In the United Kingdom, the majority of police officers do not carry firearms, except in special circumstances.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_use_of_firearms_in_the_United_Kingdom)

3.No, as a citizen you should be grateful that a disaster has been averted. It has been and you actually do not have the "right" to know everything, sorry to break that to you.
I don't want to know "everything". What I would want know is to see an independent study on how useful this program is.

See, if there secrecy, there is less control. That leads to abuse of resources. This program is controversial anyway as a lot of industry experts as well as pilots question it's usefulness. As a participant you obviously have a biased opinion.

So, you're not "breaking" anything new to me. Actually, I don't care anyway.

The axe is too far behind my seat and anyone that storms that cockpit has deadly intentions for you and everyone else on that airplane. Your intentions should be the same toward them and the advantage should be in your court, not theirs.

A few hollow point bullets through the skin of an airliner wouldn't even cause enough damage to do anything more than make an annoying whistling noise...if a couple go through the avionics, youve got triple redunancy in most situations. Much better than the airliner being under hostile control.

Last edited:
Hopefully we don't have another 9-11
I am sure the door or asking them to stop and not escalate will do the trick.

"Nuff said"

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back