Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TAG2

Goldmember
Does anybody know what is involved with registering an aircraft VP? I believe it is the Caymans? With US ATP's, what is required to operate this aircraft? Does this also create cabbatage issues when flying US Citizens point to point in the US?

I have been given the chore of looking into the possibility. Thanks in advance.

TAG2 said:
Does anybody know what is involved with registering an aircraft VP? I believe it is the Caymans?
I think VP is Bermuda... I know of several companies that do that... I don't think their is any issue operating it with a US ATP...

Vp

VP-B is a bermuda registry.

I don't think cabotage applies unless we're talking about airlines.

All N registered!

VP-B and VP-C registrations are primarily used to hide the owners identity. A company I used to work for was considering it since they had a need to travel to Iran. They felt it wasn't safe to fly an N-number airplane there. I felt it wasn't safe to fly any airplane there!

Cabotage is not a problem in the US.

Certificate

In accordance with FARs if you fly a foreign registered aircraft, you can do so on your FAA certificate within US airspace. If you leave US airspace, you must have a pilot certificate that matches the nationality of the aircraft registration.

Jetpilot, as for Iran, it is not a major problem. ATC is good with radar coverage over most of the country and good english skills. Good airports and services. Much better than most of Africa and some areas of the middle east, like Iraq or Afghanistan. US, Canadian and UK pilots are required to get a visa and the Iranian Embassies generally will tell you to pi$$ off and keep your visa fees. If you use Iran Air as your handler, they generally can get you a visa in about 3 hours. Except for officialdom, the Iranians are for the most part very friendly people who love to show off their country.

Latest resources

Back