• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Vote Mike Best!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I came full circle on my thoughts on Mike. I used to think that he was the wrong guy since it's obvious that he's not liked by mgmt. Now I think that he probably has the clearest vision of what needs to be done to improve this union.

Maybe he's disliked because he's the smartest guy mgmt ever faced from the NPA.

Best was my roommate in training @ Lakes back in Dec 98.

Tell him his ole roommate says Hi and good luck.

Last edited:
For all of you Mikey fans I was just talking to a buddy of mine who posed this question to Mikey " Mike are you going to do anything about the company putting out that message around the holidays that says "if you call in sick you NEED a Doctor's note" my friend said he thought is was BS.....but

Mike Best said that there are guys that are abusing the sick calls. He also said if the guy wasn't sick and the company felt the guy needed a week of then what was/can the NPA do to defend the guy right??

To which my friend said what the f--- are you talking about!!!Sick time is part of your compensation package how you spend is your perogitive, remember the acronym:

I illness
M medication
S stress
A alcohol
F fatigue
E emotional

the NPA SHOULD ALWAYS BACK YOU REGARDLESS, PERIOD!!!!!!
Folks this is your president elect?????

71driver,

Interesting how you had to post this on two threads and it only applies to habitual abusers.

At least that's what a friend of a buddy of one of my pals said.........

I was just talking to a buddy of mine who posed this question to Mikey " Mike are you going to do anything about the company putting out that message around the holidays that says "if you call in sick you NEED a Doctor's note" my friend said he thought is was BS.....but

Mike Best said that there are guys that are abusing the sick calls. He also said if the guy wasn't sick and the company felt the guy needed a week of then what was/can the NPA do to defend the guy right??
the NPA SHOULD ALWAYS BACK YOU REGARDLESS, PERIOD!!!!!!
Folks this is your president elect?????

Mike is probably just quoting the Contract . . . . not sure what your point is. If you want to change that part of the contract, then put pressure on the next NC to change it.

Personally, I think it shouldn't be called "Sick Time", but "Sick/Personal Time".

Long story short- get it in the Contract, and I'm sure Mike will back you- just don't expect him to "re-interpret" the existing contract. . . . we have too much integrity to play that card :cool: .

Looks like this election is all wrapped up and Mike Best will be the new NPA President.

Wrote it to get people to pay attention. Seems like apathy and disinterest has returned to the pilot group. Not as much talk about the election as there was about the two TAs. Just one person's observation. Hope I am proven wrong.

Good conversation with Mike Best today. He has a clear vision of what he wants to do with the union, the obstacles that face this pilot group, and he's as articulate on the phone as how he portrayed himself in his position paper.

My vote is with Mike.... u wood have to be a tool to think otherwise... add it up...... just vote !! 40% please..... and did the NPA do a get out the vote rally...? Oh ,,, I got a email..... pleeeez... vote.. plz .. just fricn vote.....

Think about it.. he was raT holed.. to keep him away from the neg process ? Why... to get a deal to the pilots..... good or bad.. just get a deal.. whatever..

MB was pushing for more .. and the leadership crumbled.....gave in .. whatever...... do u want to give in fellas ? just vote.....

Latest resources

Back