• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

vote "COLBERT" space station room name

CMRJetDriver

Danger is my middle name.
Total Time
Although I love "The Colbert Report!", NASA has this posted on their website.

The name should reflect the spirit of exploration and cooperation embodied by the space station, and follow in the tradition set by Node 1- Unity- and Node 2- Harmony.

Steve needs to get busy promoting more Unity and Harmony on his show to have a crack at it.

Oh and I voted for Colbert too!

grog_sit_reserv

Crashcave Lounger
Total Time
Uknown
Lear Love and I finally agree. Colbert it is!!!

Oh, and don't forget to watch Cramer on the Daily Show tomorrow.

FlyinFife

Fangoriously Awesome
Total Time
It would be interesting to see the actual number of votes for each of the NASA generated names vs "COLBERT".

Falconjet

Total Time
almost
It would be interesting to see the actual number of votes for each of the NASA generated names vs "COLBERT".

The linked article comes close:

"So instead of NASA's suggested choices — Serenity, Legacy, Earthrise or Venture — the space station's new addition may wind up with the name "Colbert."

The count by mid-Tuesday had votes for the comedian just shy of 115,000 and Serenity trailing at 98,641. More than 451,000 people have voted."

FJ

Raoul Duke

Total Time
have they suspended the voting? I just get to the intro page but don't see any place to submit a vote.

frog_flyer

Caucasian Male
Total Time
rising
NASA will take into consideration the results of the voting. However, the results are not binding on NASA and NASA reserves the right to ultimately select a name in accordance with the best interests of the agency, its needs, and other considerations. Such name may not necessarily be one which is on the list of voted-on candidate names. NASA’s decision shall be deemed final.

b707guy

Analog Kid
Total Time
9k-ish
How 'bout Hannity, then? C'mon - Unity, Harmony, Hannity. It just flows!:nuts: