• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

svcta

"Kids these days"-AAflyer
Hey, gang,
Do any of you know if there was ever any info about the crash that killed Matt Juneau (owner of Volare Air our of ELP)? I used to work for Matt and was fond of him. It wouldn't make news where I live now and was wondering if anyone ever indicated a probable cause of any kind.

Thanks.

Thanks for the link to that. I know what it looks like, but Matt knew all about this kind of flying in mountainous areas. As a former cropduster and experienced mountain pilot I just can't believe that he would have flown himself in to the side of a hill.

I guess we may never know, but I hate to think that he may have flown a good airplane in to the ground. Matt was a good pilot and a great man to fly airplanes for as a young pilot. He kept his airplanes well maintained and never pressured his guys to fly in bad weather. I learned a lot from him about how to be a professional pilot.

I appreciate any other insight that may be out there.

I too used to work for Matt. I have seen the pictures of the crash and it was not good. The only good thing is that it was very quick. I won't speculate on here as to what happened, but I have an idea. You'd have to write to the Mexican gov to get their report. I agree that he was a good man...vaya con dios.

Latest resources

Back