Virginia Tech: Citation PIC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Axel

https://jobs.vt.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1184769410392

I. Position Information

Working Title Pilot Command

Position Responsibilities To serve as Pilot in Command in the University's jet aircraft, providing safe, efficient air transportation for official University purposes and other missions as obligated by the University. Day/night all weather capability to operate in high-density aviation environment in domestic and international airspace. Subject to being scheduled 24 hours, seven days a week, and being on call Monday-Friday and on selected scheduled weekends. Coordinate with Chief Pilot the schedules of pilots to attend ground school and flight simulator training. Maintain the official flight records on all pilot staff.

Pilot qualifications subject to approval by insurance underwriter. Required Qualifications FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate with current multi-engine and instrument ratings; Current class II medical certification;
Knowledge of federal and state aviation safety standards;
ability to effectively operate a C550 or C560 jet in all flight conditions; abiity to analyze appropriate data, plan, and conduct flights efficiently; excellent cockpit management ability and public contact/relations skills; must be available for flight status with a minimum of two hours notification.

Preferred Qualifications 100 hours in either Citation 550 or Citation 560--with preference for flight hours flown within last 12-18 months in either aircraft; 500 jet hours; 1,500 turbine hours; 2,000 multi-engine hours; 3,000 hours total flight time.
Have successfully completed within the past twelve (12) months or be able to pass within the initial 30 days of hire initial/recurrent motion based simulator training specifically designed for C550 or C560. FAA type rating for C500 series jet aircraft. High-density operational experience. College degree or equivalent related experience.

Employment Conditions Must pass drug testing (required for CDL license)
Must have a criminal background check
Must have valid driver's license
Must have a driver's license check
Must have health and safety medical check

Advertised Pay Range Commensurate with experience.

https://jobs.vt.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1184769410392

I. Position Information
Working Title Pilot Command

Position Responsibilities To serve as Pilot in Command in the University's jet aircraft, providing safe, efficient air transportation for official University purposes and other missions as obligated by the University. Day/night all weather capability to operate in high-density aviation environment in domestic and international airspace. Subject to being scheduled 24 hours, seven days a week, and being on call Monday-Friday and on selected scheduled weekends. Coordinate with Chief Pilot the schedules of pilots to attend ground school and flight simulator training. Maintain the official flight records on all pilot staff.

Pilot qualifications subject to approval by insurance underwriter. Required Qualifications FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate with current multi-engine and instrument ratings; Current class II medical certification;
Knowledge of federal and state aviation safety standards;
ability to effectively operate a C550 or C560 jet in all flight conditions; abiity to analyze appropriate data, plan, and conduct flights efficiently; excellent cockpit management ability and public contact/relations skills; must be available for flight status with a minimum of two hours notification.

Preferred Qualifications 100 hours in either Citation 550 or Citation 560--with preference for flight hours flown within last 12-18 months in either aircraft; 500 jet hours; 1,500 turbine hours; 2,000 multi-engine hours; 3,000 hours total flight time.
Have successfully completed within the past twelve (12) months or be able to pass within the initial 30 days of hire initial/recurrent motion based simulator training specifically designed for C550 or C560. FAA type rating for C500 series jet aircraft. High-density operational experience. College degree or equivalent related experience.

Employment Conditions Must pass drug testing (required for CDL license)
Must have a criminal background check
Must have valid driver's license
Must have a driver's license check
Must have health and safety medical check

Advertised Pay Range Commensurate with experience.
I hope that this job NOW allows University personel the right to defend themselves.
Yeah, that's a dig at their previous policy that enabled a madman to slaughter the sheep that obeyed the rules.
Gun laws only stop those that obey the law.
Nomex on, go for it...

I hope that this job NOW allows University personel the right to defend themselves.
Yeah, that's a dig at their previous policy that enabled a madman to slaughter the sheep that obeyed the rules.
Gun laws only stop those that obey the law.
Nomex on, go for it...

I was gonna ask if you'd be issued a bullet-proof vest and a GI green helmet.

You can ask those questions at the interview if you choose to apply. If you do not choose to apply, for whatever reason, then why bother commenting? For a minute there I thought I had mistakenly posted this on the "Rabid Politics" board, otherwise known as "Non-Aviation Chat" but a double check shows that it is you who are posting in the wrong area.

I heard about this and thought I'd share. Not a bad gig from what I understand. They are still taking applications.

You can ask those questions at the interview if you choose to apply. If you do not choose to apply, for whatever reason, then why bother commenting? For a minute there I thought I had mistakenly posted this on the "Rabid Politics" board, otherwise known as "Non-Aviation Chat" but a double check shows that it is you who are posting in the wrong area.

I heard about this and thought I'd share. Not a bad gig from what I understand. They are still taking applications.
You are correct. I hope your kindness in posting this assists someone's job search and I hope VT finds a good employee.
It just hit a nerve with me because I believe their policy facilitated the recent tragedy and I feel strongly about it. I doubt anyone changed their mind as a result of my post.

I say again:
...If you do not choose to apply, for whatever reason, then why bother commenting...?

However: Dissing a corporate pilot job because it isn't 9-5? That's pretty funny.

If I knew of a 9-5 corporate gig I would certainly...

...not tell a soul and apply for it myself.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back