Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

petitepilot

1. How long on reserve?
2. Whazzup with the "pseudo bases?" Why do web sites claim JFK and LAX bases right now? How long in SFO after IOE (Ball park?)
3. What is training like? How long? Location(s)?
4. How hard to find a crash pad in SFO?
5. What is the typical reserve schedule these days, and how does it improve, if at all?
6. Commuting policy?
7. Thanks!

1. Not long now, maybe 3 to 4 months.
2. All pilots are SFO based for training. LAX & JFK are mini bases, 10 crews each. Getting in will take a while for F/Os, mostly as upgrades happen and senior F/Os chase CA slots. May open more, IAD is in test mode, right now IAD pairings are open to bidding from all bases. (PBS system)
3. Standard airline fare. 2 wks indoc in SFO, sim in DFW and/or MIA depending on sim availability. Hotels and per diem paid outside of SFO. Training pay ends at type ride, yes everyone is getting typed right now.
4. Easy, lots of them, don't need a car, about 200-250/mo. Hotels about 50/night.
5. Reserve starts with late avail periods, then mid, then early so commuting on day first & last is possible. I don't do reserve, maybe someone else will chime in.
6. Yes, but don't use it too often!
7. You're welcome. BTW, computer skills are mandatory, online training & EFBs, online read files, using search functions, things like that...

1. Not long now, maybe 3 to 4 months.
2. All pilots are SFO based for training. LAX & JFK are mini bases, 10 crews each. Getting in will take a while for F/Os, mostly as upgrades happen and senior F/Os chase CA slots. May open more, IAD is in test mode, right now IAD pairings are open to bidding from all bases. (PBS system)
3. Standard airline fare. 2 wks indoc in SFO, sim in DFW and/or MIA depending on sim availability. Hotels and per diem paid outside of SFO. Training pay ends at type ride, yes everyone is getting typed right now.
4. Easy, lots of them, don't need a car, about 200-250/mo. Hotels about 50/night.
5. Reserve starts with late avail periods, then mid, then early so commuting on day first & last is possible. I don't do reserve, maybe someone else will chime in.
6. Yes, but don't use it too often!
7. You're welcome. BTW, computer skills are mandatory, online training & EFBs, online read files, using search functions, things like that...
Thank you Ralph.
Do they pay for hotel during indoc, and what is training pay?
Thanks again!
PP

Nice thing about being SFO based is the back-up airports in Oakland and San Jose. Easy to get to SFO from either using BART or CalTrain - costs around $8 and takes about an hour and half. Can't use it if you are cutting it close, but if you give yourself some time you have a ton of options to get here.

Did hear of one guy getting the drug test email (that's the good one) after his interview who had the 5000TT but had less than 1000PIC. Don't think he has started class yet though.

There has been a few lines of reserve recently that have not started or ended at 1530, but I haven't been stuck with any of them and don't think anyone in my crashpad has been either. Since being on reserve, every first day has started at 1530 and every last day has ended at 1530 - and usually I get released earlier than that on the last day. It has worked out that on day one of reserve I can have breakfast with the kids and take them to school, and on the last day I am home early enough to have dinner with them.

Thank you Ralph.
Do they pay for hotel during indoc, and what is training pay?
Thanks again!
PP

I think it is $2500/mo in training. 70 hr line guarantee starts at type ride pass. No hotels in SFO (Red Roof is near by @ $49/night). Hotels and $1.75 hr perdiem during the sim DFW/MIA plus of course PS travel.

Welcome again...

Ralphie

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back