Virgin American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PlaneJohn

Anyone know how to apply at Virgin American? I tried the website under "Join the Team" and view current opportunities, and nothing comes up.

They haven't started taking pilot apps just yet, should be soon though, I've heard rumours that their initial cadre' is through the sim, their still waiting on gov't approval. and that the first base will be SFO, and that Orlando and DFW are writing support letters for them. I have a feeling that when they do open the pilot window the system will be so overloaded their server will crash. If you dig around on the web you find this,

Dumbluck said:
I have a feeling that when they do open the pilot window the system will be so overloaded their server will crash.

Cool. It's nice to know that so many pilots are willing to fly A320s for J-31 rates.

I imagine the cockpit conversation will go something like this:
Capt to FO: DAMN! That lead FA's smokin' hot!
FO: Yeah, I'm very tempted to ask her out.
Capt: Sweet! Back to business- tell me again how we're eligible for foodstamps.
FO: Due to our wages, we qualify; just go down to the welfare office and fill out the paperwork. I did it; it's very easy and now I'm eating like a king. I've got KRAFT mac 'n cheese; no more generic stuff for me.
Capt: Awesome! And you were saying that public transportation's been great, right?
FO: Yeah, it's only the early shows that I have to get to the airport the night before and sleep in the terminal. I love picking up extra flying; nothing like a good night's sleep in a motel 6.

I agree 100%, if I could go back in time, make corporate greed illegal, mis-management a crime, and convince 100,000 to 150,000 commercial pilots to form a single union hiring pool, with flat pay rates and work rules, regardless of company name I would. But I can't. Both Teamsters and ALPA are weak, weather it be their own mis-managment or the current political/economic situation. I believe that there is a intent to put pilots in the same pay grade as other transportation employees. The country's middle class is diappearing, why do think M.D.'s are so against gov't health care, look at Canadian physicians salaries. Any well paid career is at risk, ours is the one under direct attack. Other companies in other fields are doing the same thing pensions are disappearing, pay rates are going down, there are less full time jobs, benifits are shrinking and employee benifit cost are going up.

Rant over, the soapbox is yours

I'm just glad that my son shows no interest in being a pilot.
I'm trying to encourage him to enter a more stable profession. I've been getting him piano lessons so that he can be the piano player in a whore house.

Andy said:
I'm just glad that my son shows no interest in being a pilot.
I'm trying to encourage him to enter a more stable profession. I've been getting him piano lessons so that he can be the piano player in a whore house.

You'd be better off getting him a business degree so he could be the pimp...

FracCapt said:
You'd be better off getting him a business degree so he could be the pimp...

Good point, but then I'd have to be worried about nepotism. That'd make him the boss of my daughter. If figure that if they both work for the same boss at the whorehouse, there wouldn't be any nepotism issues.
I have high hopes for my daughter; she's my new retirement plan.

What are the payscales going to be? I have not seen it posted anywhere.

Or are we just basing this on the miserable pay Jetbluh has lowered the bar to?

furloughfodder said:
What are the payscales going to be? I have not seen it posted anywhere.

Or are we just basing this on the miserable pay Jetbluh has lowered the bar to?

Because that's dickie branson's MO. Attract pilots to fly equipment for bottom of the industry wages. He's done that at every flying operation he's started up over the last few years.
And let's face it; there are a ton of pilots who will fly for those bottom of industry wages.

Dumbluck, thanks for the info. Being a corporate guy I think I just may stay put after seeing responses from the other members. Maybe my boring little corprate gig isn't to bad. I have a few friends in the frac business, and it seems like the trend these days are for the pilots of the regionals and smaller airlines to cross over to the fracs. The 121 industry looks like its in shambles, and the way gas prices are I wonder if they'll ever have there day agian.

Latest resources

Back