• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin American DOT Review

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why should anybody obey these laws??? After all the government does not Obey their own Laws.....Czars, Bailouts, putting bond holder behind behind other entities, firing a CEO of a Private company.....nominating a judge that thinks "feelings should be on par with the law!!!!!!! I could go on and on and on, All the above is just AGAINST THE CONSTITUTION!!!!! What law is greater then that in this USA?????

But not to this or the last government!!!!!

And by the way Ask Gietner, Daschel and a multitude of others that did not pay ALL their taxes (until convenient) about what the IRS wont do!!!! ....O ya you or I do this and we will be arrested!

True, true and true :)

My only point is that "cabotage" is not happening here.S

Cabotage has NOTHING to do with jobs. It has EVERYTHING to do with foreign airlines operating in domestic US service. Sure you have a job today, TZ. But like the Merchant Marine, you could easily see Sir Dick replace you with a bunch of 3rd world pilots at the drop of a hat.

My guess is that VA has some type of unusual structure where the "controlling" interest is held by US citizens but the majority of the equity is not.

It's real simple fam62c, all you have to do is read the show cause order granting VA's DOT certificate. There is a change of ownership provision called the 'put option' that was part of the order. It is in the DOT docket system for anyone to read.

AS, ALPA and AFA are contesting this provision after the order was issued. If the DOT reverses itself (possible but unlikely), the whole issue will wind up in the federal court system with any change stayed pending final resolution of the court case. Could take years to play out.

It only took the DOT two months to respond to a committee chairman congressman!

Cabotage has NOTHING to do with jobs. It has EVERYTHING to do with foreign airlines operating in domestic US service. Sure you have a job today, TZ. But like the Merchant Marine, you could easily see Sir Dick replace you with a bunch of 3rd world pilots at the drop of a hat.

With all due respect, VA is (unless proven otherwise) a US domestic carrier. I don't disagree about your job security concerns, as I have spent a career watching the US "legacy" carriers outsource US jobs via the different "alliances" that have been formed with foreign carriers. Specific to this, that is where the outrage should be focused.

Regards,

S

Do you not believe in allowing the marketplace to decide winners and losers, or would you prefer to hide behind a mediocre management team that feels the only way to be profitable is to continually go after the employees and not invest in putting out a better product?

It's pretty funny that you can look at VA pay rates and don't think they're coming after the employees. :laugh:

They don't have a better mousetrap. They have a work group bent over and taking it deep.

They are a foreign owned and controlled carrier operating within the United States. They will probably be able to put up some sort of puppet regime for the regulators, but it is true and everyone knows it.

It's pretty funny that you can look at VA pay rates and don't think they're coming after the employees. :laugh:

They don't have a better mousetrap. They have a work group bent over and taking it deep.

They are a foreign owned and controlled carrier operating within the United States. They will probably be able to put up some sort of puppet regime for the regulators, but it is true and everyone knows it.

And so far, still losing money.

Fwiw, I don't think anyone is unaware of the disparity in the pay... But, the original point of this discussion was your comment about cabotage. You are entitled to your opinion, so have at it if it makes you feel better.

When you get to the point of accepting the fact that VA does not partake in cabotage, and that probably 98% of the pilot group has paid ALPA/Union dues for more than 10 years (meaning the group understands the meaning "taking it deep"... and that most are very versed in the industry ups and downs), then continue a rational discussion. It is when you resort to feeling that you have to remind a particular group how their pay compares to others in order to make a point, that you lose some credibility.

S

A foreign owned and controlled airline operating within the United States is Cabotage.

I only bought up pay because YOU were forwarding a position that all other airlines 'come after the employees' and inferring that VA was somehow different in this regard. This is laughable.

Trying to paint my post as an attack on the pilot group (instead of the indictment on their management that it was) while calling my credibility into question is almost as funny as your last post.:laugh:

I'm quite sure that nobody is more aware of their pay than the pilots themselves. I certainly don't need to remind them of anything. I'm not offering to pay their mortgages, so if they want to work for that kind of pay, so be it. There's your Free Market. If other pilot groups allow their management to bully them by pointing at VA wages, then that's on them.

Last edited:
Why should anybody obey these laws??? After all the government does not Obey their own Laws.....Czars, Bailouts, putting bond holder behind behind other entities, firing a CEO of a Private company.....nominating a judge that thinks "feelings should be on par with the law!!!!!!! I could go on and on and on, All the above is just AGAINST THE CONSTITUTION!!!!! What law is greater then that in this USA?????

But not to this or the last government!!!!!

And by the way Ask Gietner, Daschel and a multitude of others that did not pay ALL their taxes (until convenient) about what the IRS wont do!!!! ....O ya you or I do this and we will be arrested!

Sean Hannity, welcome.

Sean Hannity, welcome.

Nice compliment...thanks!! I do think I am more a Beck then a Hannity, but they come from the same mold, crazy thinkers these guys..... like believing in personal responsibility, taking care of ones self, taking care of ones entire family, helping people because it's the right thing to do not because some idiot thinks I should, believing the constitution of the United states is the LAW, paying all my own bills, not paying for other folks way in life, educating my children in the best place I can afford, only buying what I can afford, PROTECTING THE FREEDOMS OF EVERYONE IN THIS COUNTRY, Supporting, respecting and honoring those that put thier life in harms way for US, and most off wanting/DEMANDING each and every person in this country work for it's greatness not it's distruction!!!!!

Ya thats a list of what crazy guys these two are!!!! imagine believing in personal resposibility.....HA I must be crazy also!!!!!

Latest resources

Back