Virgin America

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AKAAB

Why can't I find the Virgin America threads under Foreign Carriers where they belong? Just wondering... ;)

Ummmm....does the "America" part of their name clue you in at all? Oh wait, you are trying to be funny. OK...ha ha....there, I laughed.

Whatever happened to the determination as to whether or not they met the requirements of being "US owned" after their last major shareholder bailed?

Whatever happened to the determination as to whether or not they met the requirements of being "US owned" after their last major shareholder bailed?

I guess they figure that if GM is gonna let some Chinese take over Hummer they might as well let some "blokes" take over a U.S. airline. What's next? My beloved Bushmaster AR-15's made in North Korea?

It is absolutely amazing to me that other US carriers; especially United, JetBlue, and Southwest aren't all over this. This petition should've been signed by every carrier in America. Hank Scorpio actually paints "Just Say NO BA/AA" on his aircraft. A codeshare is unacceptable in his back yard, but a foriegn owned airline is OK in ours?

Bollocks!

Just say NO to Cabotage.

It is absolutely amazing to me that other US carriers; especially United, JetBlue, and Southwest aren't all over this. This petition should've been signed by every carrier in America. Hank Scorpio actually paints "Just Say NO BA/AA" on his aircraft. A codeshare is unacceptable in his back yard, but a foriegn owned airline is OK in ours?

Bollocks!

Just say NO to Cabotage.

I think airlines like United and Southwest don't want to be seen as "bullying" Virgin America. Remember legacy airlines are pretty much evil entities that charge too much for people to fly from point A to point B and Virgin America "saves" the flying public from such injustice. From the consumer's standpoint, they just want cheap tickets and Virgin America delivers with tickets so cheap VA can't even make money on them, which is good for the consumer, right?

It sounds like Alaska did the heavy listing, and I'm sure there are others in the background rumbling, including ALPA.

Latest resources

Back