• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America in the news

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HDA....you can stick your smart AZZ remark right up your own AZZ!!

We got screwed and the company is going to pay for it....ROYALLY!!

Wow....must be feeling a little sore. Hows that walk going? Didnt they lube it up?
Take your attitude and put it to work at work.....not here.

Who are the non union pilot groups left.
Virgin

Skywest

Who else?

Again, deciphering an IPO is way above my pay grade regarding how the company will be valued, as I believe only a portion of the company may be offered. Post IPO however, two things from the S1 stood out (if I read it correctly); first, the only debt remaining will be a $50m note, and second, the cc companies will release $100m in hold-back monies back to VA. I believe I read Virgin Group intends to provide a letter of credit to satisfy the cc companies, should VA default.

TZ, dredging up an old thread. VX's 10K is out and shows $123M in debt post-IPO, so the IPO didn't extinguish all debt. Cash on hand now $395M. All in all, in good financial shape.
http://ir.virginamerica.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=253736&p=irol-sec

A bit late for the tough talk.

Would've been better for pilots not to be so damn naive in the first place.

I signed a contract to rent a table saw for a day. Every rental car I've ever bought and gym membership and cell phone I've ever had. I signed a contract bigger than the bible to buy my first house. Yet there are still pilots who operate without one, even though their workplace is the single largest financial impact of their lives and what they use to pay for every other contract they sign. I don't get that strictly as a matter of business.

It's inexcusably dumb for any group that chooses this as a profession.

Why does it take getting f^cked really hard to come to the same conclusion that pilot groups worldwide have eventually come to over the last 100 years?
There is a century of history to draw from. Generations of experience, and you want to reinvent the wheel?? This time it's different??

Get to it. I support your union drive. Make them pay, but don't tell me. I'm from Missourri on these kinds of things.

I'm very sorry that you all got f^cked. Unfortunately, I also have enough friends over there to know that VA has put the tip in more than a few times. must be so frustrating for those of you who knew better all along.

Cards were mailed/attached to emails yesterday.
Good job! I hope the cards get signed and mailed in numbers to really raise the eyebrows over there at the VX HQ. Dont let the recent pay/retirement improvements get you off track.

Latest resources

Back