Virgin America discloser?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bluefin

Just read where Virgin A has to disclose its financial perfomance by JAN 30(YESTERDAY). Anyone seen their financial performance numbers, just curious if they can make money in this market, because everyone else lost last yr except SW.

http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspubli...0000648083eeda

This consent order concerns reporting delinquencies by Virgin America Inc. (Virgin America) that constitute violations of 49 U.S.C. § 41708 and the accounting and reporting requirements specified in 14 CFR Part 241. This order directs Virgin America to cease and desist from future violations of this statute and this regulatory provision, and assesses the carrier a compromise civil penalty of $40,000. the DOT

From an Alpa blastmail...You don't need to read the whole thing. I thought the 30th was the date as well.

"On January 28, the DOT denied Virgin America’s petition to withhold its Form 41 filings from public disclosure. Although lower-level staff had rejected VA’s request for confidential treatment back in June 2008, the airline had appealed that decision to higher-level staff, and the Department’s failure to act on that request allowed VA to keep its filings out of the public eye. A number of airlines, including Alaska, Delta, and United had protested the Department’s inaction and had pointed out that DOT was giving VA an unwarranted competitive advantage by allowing it to keep its performance information confidential while requiring the public disclosure of theirs. Under DOT’s ruling, VA’s information should be released on January 30."

The question I have is why everyone thinks that VA is going to go bankrupt so quickly? do they lack creditors? Certainly their costs are low considcering they lack any sort of legacy cost and their compensation is comparatively low(er). I'm not trying to be a jerk by saying that. I just don't smell fire from VA. Disagree by all means...I might learn something.

I don't work for VA BTW.

We are all discloser to going bankrupt.

Zing!

What exciting info are we likely to find out? That they really are foreign owned and must cease operations.

We are all discloser to going bankrupt.

Zing!

What exciting info are we likely to find out? That they really are foreign owned and must cease operations?

Zing!

What exciting info are we likely to find out? That they really are foreign owned and must cease operations?

That they are digging a deep red hole and are short on cash. Additional investment sources will dry up, and credit card agreements may not float them on ticket sales. Speculation on my part, but I think it will be like when you are late on your CC payments and all your other creditors raise their rates, cut off credit, and demand cash payments. It will unravel quickly IMO.

Latest resources

Back