• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Grandpa +65

Virgin America Delays Start of Service to Orlando
Press Release Source: Virgin America On Wednesday May 5, 2010, 1:40 pm EDT

SAN FRANCISCO, May 5 /PRNewswire/ -- Virgin America today announces it will postpone its start of service to Orlando International Airport (MCO) due to delays in the airline's aircraft delivery schedule. The airline previously announced that it would launch daily nonstop flights from both Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and San Francisco International Airport (SFO) to MCO beginning August 19, 2010. Due to an unexpected delay in its aircraft delivery schedule, Virgin America will postpone its start of service to MCO until at least October 2010. In the coming weeks, the airline will release a new MCO start date in the fourth quarter of 2010 – at which time guests will again be able to book Orlando tickets via Virgin America's website and call center.
"We apologize for any inconvenience this delay has caused to our Orlando guests. Although an unforeseen delay in our aircraft delivery schedule has forced us to postpone our launch date, we still intend to bring our low-fare, award-winning service to Orlando before the end of this year," said Diana Walke, Vice President of Planning and Sales at Virgin America. "Orlando is an important year-round travel market for us and we look forward to adding the city as a new destination later in 2010."
Orlando guests impacted by this delay will be refunded and contacted by Virgin America Reservations.

I heard Branson is giving up throwing good money after bad, didn't realize how cut throat the US industry is. If you give pax 11 peanuts per bag instead of just 10, well you can't compete. With the Europe economy in the tank he is hurting.

I heard Branson is giving up throwing good money after bad, didn't realize how cut throat the US industry is. If you give pax 11 peanuts per bag instead of just 10, well you can't compete. With the Europe economy in the tank he is hurting.

Last edited:
Tomcat I heard jb is going to get their first aircraft payment bill next month. Something like $150,000 per month now due on 160 airframes. They are screwed......

What e-v-e-r! Dude, we don't pay for airplanes. Chuck Norris wills Airbus and Embraer to give them to us for free.... Then they do.

They must be getting ready to hire. I filled out the app on line a long time ago (a year or more?), and just got an email (first I've heard from them) that says:
============
Thank you for your interest in employment with Virgin America. We have received your application and reviewed your resume for theLine Pilots - First Offic and we like what we see!

The next step in the application process is to complete the Virgin America Online Assessment. Upon successful completion of the assessment, we will review your assessment score as well as your background and experience and contact for you for an interview if you look to meet our current hiring needs. This is a mandatory step in the process, and we will not contact you for the next steps in the hiring process until you complete our Online Assessment Pilot Assessment .

Please note, in order to be considered for an interview you will need to complete the Online Assessment.

Please use the following link to complete the assessment.
===========

Latest resources

Back