• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America 1Q loss $76 million

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
and i just looked and they are no longer hiring. It seems no one is hiring.

It seems no one is hiring.

The legacy Continental (L-CAL) side of UAL should have off the street newhires starting in September. My best guess is 40/month indefinitely.
The legacy UAL still needs to recall all furloughees. There are probably ~1100 who have bypassed recall. Since they have 10 year recall rights, I wouldn't expect them to rush back - they will have already had a shot at flying on the L-CAL side of the house.

There are still ~250 UAL furloughees who haven't been offered a job at L-CAL. I don't expect too many to accept recall (I've included them in my 1100 bypasser guesstimate), but classes of ~20 will start in mid-Aug.

UAL will be retiring >400 pilots a year for the next 20+ years.

and i just looked and they are no longer hiring. It seems no one is hiring.

They will again in August, just draining the pool right now. But honestly with the q1 loss id be cautious.

The legacy Continental (L-CAL) side of UAL should have off the street newhires starting in September. My best guess is 40/month indefinitely.
The legacy UAL still needs to recall all furloughees. There are probably ~1100 who have bypassed recall. Since they have 10 year recall rights, I wouldn't expect them to rush back - they will have already had a shot at flying on the L-CAL side of the house.

There are still ~250 UAL furloughees who haven't been offered a job at L-CAL. I don't expect too many to accept recall (I've included them in my 1100 bypasser guesstimate), but classes of ~20 will start in mid-Aug.

UAL will be retiring >400 pilots a year for the next 20+ years.

I know two people from lual that are at lcal now and went because they thought it would be safer to be on property. I wonder if more will do the same.
Either way lcal hiring is a good thing, I hope they attend done job fares.

Latest resources

Back