• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Vintage Props & Jets,New Smyrna Beach,Fla.

cforst513

Giggity giggity goo!!!
Total Time
they fly a king air (200 or 350, i dunno which) and a beech 1900 i think. other than that, i dunno if they're a good outfit to work for or not. their hangar is right next to my flight school's. do a web search for them, i know that they have a website.

wheelsup

Non-Registered User
Total Time
>1
They were running the 1900 on a scheduled basis with a 135 cert. Not sure what happened though.

~wheelsup

Sunnfun

Syö lika
Total Time
7600+
They also fly some chieftains down to the bahamas. Last I talked to their pilots they seemed to be happy.

great cornholio

Are you threatening me??
Total Time
Had a buddy work there a few years ago. At first it wasn't too bad. Don't know much of the details or if my buddy just had bad luck with them but he seemed to have alot of emergencies. IE throwing rods and what not. Anyways stuff ended up getting worse so he left.

great cornholio

Are you threatening me??
Total Time

Flechas

Total Time
$$$$$$
great cornholio said:
When did they start doing that?

They have done it for a while, at least 3 or 4 years. I think they do it based on supply and demand. When they need people really bad they do hire people and pay them, but if they fill up classes with PFTers every now and then.

great cornholio

Are you threatening me??
Total Time
Didn't know that. I left FL 3 years ago. They had just got the 1900 before I left I never saw it out of the hangar though. So what do they do the PFT in the 1900 or everything???

Flechas

Total Time
$$$$$$
great cornholio said:
Didn't know that. I left FL 3 years ago. They had just got the 1900 before I left I never saw it out of the hangar though. So what do they do the PFT in the 1900 or everything???

I think in both, needless to say you pay for your training and then get like 200 hrs, then if they like you you keep the job, at $10/hr (even if you are hired without PFT)!!!

cforst513

Giggity giggity goo!!!
Total Time
Flechas said:
I think in both, needless to say you pay for your training and then get like 200 hrs, then if they like you you keep the job, at $10/hr (even if you are hired without PFT)!!!
that's weak, man. i was warned about vintage a while back b/c they had some deal about "earn X-amount of turbine time" while at their place. i inquired... and was told the same thing you're hearing here.

Flechas

Total Time
$$$$$$
Yeah I know a few people that went there the PFT way and some that got hired. Some say it's a shady operator (and theya re right), and that their maintenance leaves a lot to be desired (can't confirm but the sourse is reliable).

awacs941

Total Time
One of their king air's had a nose gear collapse on landing a few months ago at DAB.