• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

awacs94

Based out of EVB and runs flights from DAB to the Bahamas:

Dear Vintage Traveler,
This message is the hardest that I have ever written. It comes with a very sad and heavy heart. At the end

of the day Friday July 18, 2008 Vintage will temporarily cease operations while filing chapter 11

bankruptcy. For a couple weeks we have been working with a promising investor/buyer and last nightabout

10:30 PM the talks stalled, that left us with not many options. I have personally exhausted Linda and my

checking and savings account and have mortgaged my house and property. I do apologize for this terrible

experience and I am aware that this will ruin the vacation for many.

I am truly sorry that we could not do better.​
Regretfully,​
Tom Crevasse – President
Vintage Props & Jets, Inc.

Wow that sucks.

I have known some guys who have worked there, and they were a permanent fixture around EVB in my FL days. Good luck to everyone there!

Not UN-Expected????

Although not UN-Expected,they should have SOME FUNDS left to operate on since they were not PAYING their PILOTS DIDDELYSQUAT!!!!!

Last edited:
Kind of hard to feel bad for someone that would work under such awful working conditions and the pay that was an absolute joke. PIC’s $25/hr and FO’s $10/hr and no minimum guarantee. Another crappy Florida 135 bites the dust.

Its Treasure Key you dumbfuk not Treasure K

The pilots there were idiots

Yeah at Treasure KEY....they were always doing straight-ins no matter how many planes were in a pattern to land. That pissed plenty of people off and led to even more radio squealing. What a riot!

Coming Back??

Kind of hard to feel bad for someone that would work under such awful working conditions and the pay that was an absolute joke. PIC’s $25/hr and FO’s $10/hr and no minimum guarantee. Another crappy Florida 135 bites the dust.

Any chance this outfit cames back from the financial ashes??

If that is the King Air I think it is, I used to fly it in MKE many years ago - and it had a ton of time then.

Nostalgic but scary.

Latest resources

Back