Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Video of Congressional Hearings. Watch This!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Always nice to see the name Jeff Skiles pop up out of the sewer. I haven't watched the whole video yet, but I can't help but wonder how he'll blame America West pilots for causing the crash of the Colgan flight in Buffalo like he blamed them for the fact he's not a wide body Captain. What a D-Bag.

I wonder if Dr. Ehlers was referring to physical strength when he was talking about the reasons for students washing out, not just passing the medical? The last job I had the new female pilot never had to fly the C207 because the controls where too heavy for her to manipulate, and the new Airvans were light on the controls. That used to tick me off when I got stuck flying the "skypig" sweating my butt off with no A/C on hot days, only because the new hire didn't have the strength to handle the 207 with the heavy nose.

Last edited:
Yea, "Dr" Elders finally admitted (after virtually lying before about the washout rate) that most washouts were due to the very high cost of the pilot-mill program, and NOT due to rigors of the program. I guess if you've got enough money, you make it. That guy was pretty slimy, come to think of it.

I was impressed with the Prater's testimony, but given the upping of flight time limits per day that ALPA is proposing, it sound like they're doing their usual thing of giving away more concessions to industry. ALPA is a bunch of pansies.

Last edited:
I believe that if this bill can be made into law it will help our pilot positions to be a better job option. I also think that you might see the Frozen ATP program here in the US for pilots below 1500hrs. Lastly, the one thing we as pilots should do to help is to alert more people about this bill. Most of my fellow pilots don't know any details or nothing at all.

I have a looming suspicion that the ATP part will not pass due to the amount of lobbying against it by the flight schools and the regional airlines. United hired a bunch of folks with 250 hrs didn’t they? If it does pass I foresee some sort of waiver being passed in the future when regionals can’t find people. It will be like “As long as you train them to ATP standards then they can fly with a multi commercial” which is the standard now it is just not worded that way. That will pass through the ignorance of the general public like a speeding bullet.

Additionally that Riddle guy seems like a D bag. So since I didn’t go to his school I can never be as good as a Riddle pilot? I have flown with lots of Riddle guys and I would describe all of them as more professional and having more tact than him. He is officially the first Riddle pilot that I have ever disliked!

He is officially the first Riddle pilot that I have ever disliked!

Most of the flight line administrators are d-bags. They think their ******************** don't stink and their students end up being flight-gods.

He refered to a 121 f/o position as an "entry level position". I wish someone had pointed out that the public and the whole panel would disagree...especially the families of Colgan 3407. He also said the extra experience was "unnecessary". What an idiot.

Always nice to see the name Jeff Skiles pop up out of the sewer. I haven't watched the whole video yet, but I can't help but wonder how he'll blame America West pilots for causing the crash of the Colgan flight in Buffalo like he blamed them for the fact he's not a wide body Captain. What a D-Bag.

Yeah, he may be a scumbag, but at least CAPA is using his celebrity for something useful.

Haven't watched the video- but is there any talk of upping academic standards and making the process harder and more standardized across the board? I think that will do more to raise wages than just upping flight time. Align academics with Europe.

Yeah, he may be a scumbag, but at least CAPA is using his celebrity for something useful.

The guy you think is a scumbag was flying airplanes long before you decided to give thousands of dollars to an airline that was owned by a sc*b.

Mr. PFT_128 is calling the Vice President of CAPA a scumbag. Perfect. Shows the idiot you are. That is why you are on the other team. My team is formed on union principles like DOH.

Your team Mr. PFT_128: give money to get a job , give up pension without a vote , give up scope without a vote, give up DOH , give to age 65 without a vote. Its all about giving and short term gains. GREED. That is the core of the PFT_128 team.

M

The guy you think is a scumbag was flying airplanes long before you decided to give thousands of dollars to an airline that was owned by a sc*b.

Mr. PFT_128 is calling the Vice President of CAPA a scumbag. Perfect. Shows the idiot you are. That is why you are on the other team. My team is formed on union principles like DOH.

Your team Mr. PFT_128: give money to get a job , give up pension without a vote , give up scope without a vote, give up DOH , give to age 65 without a vote. Its all about giving and short term gains. GREED. That is the core of the PFT_128 team.

M

Wow..that took you a lot longer than I expected. If you think so much of the guys on your team, maybe you should ask one of them to meet you for a drink, maybe more. Who knows, there are worse ways to meet a soulmate, right?

Latest resources

Back