Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Steve

Curtis Malone
I currently work as a CFI at a small school with 172's. 99% primary training. Almost no chance to use my CFII and there are no multi engine aircraft. Pretty much no way to go from here to a regional. I have the chance to fly jumpers in 182's and 206's with the chance to upgrade to a Caravan or Kingair at a nearby dropzone who picks up a lot of pilots from this drop zone after they have a few hundred hours.

Pay and amount of hours flow will probibly be the same. Any diver drivers know how much business drops of in the winter? This DZ is in the NE.

You will never have topless students. You will have topless/naked skydivers.

Located in Texas, our biz dropped November - March by perhaps 25-50%. The drop in biz was mainly due to a decrease in tandems. You will still get those hardcore meat missles in the winter.

Steve said:
I currently work as a CFI at a small school with 172's. 99% primary training. Almost no chance to use my CFII and there are no multi engine aircraft. Pretty much no way to go from here to a regional. I have the chance to fly jumpers in 182's and 206's with the chance to upgrade to a Caravan or Kingair at a nearby dropzone who picks up a lot of pilots from this drop zone after they have a few hundred hours.

Pay and amount of hours flow will probibly be the same. Any diver drivers know how much business drops of in the winter? This DZ is in the NE.

DiverDriving in the winter in the NE? Probably almost nil. You need to get into an operation that puts their plane on the road during the winter. You'll get x-c time and probably some IFR time. Both of which you'll need for getting into the Regionals.

Good luck and check out www.DiverDriver.com if you are going to get into flying jumpers.

I used to fly jumpers in the upper Northeast and it dropped off about 75% in NOvember and I think we flew less than 6 flights until Mid-March and beyond.

Goodluck
Check out Dropzone.com for skydiving iinfo

why not keep flying divers? can you support yourself? i'll bet its more fun than a crj, but cant beat the time off (from what i hear)
im just saying that because a caravan might be my dream plane. what an all weather beast.

Latest resources

Back