• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Verify you have ATIS..."

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I get requests a lot for X-bleed starts on the taxi way and the only reason I care about the request is because the aircraft has to stop. Not something I like to do on Alpha or Bravo.

I may have dealt with you recently. I clearly stated that I needed to stop somewhere before the runway to do a X-bleed start. We made it all the way to 32L/T-10 and still had not been cleared to stop.
You ORD guys can't handle a little non-conventional activity once in a while.

I may have dealt with you recently. I clearly stated that I needed to stop somewhere before the runway to do a X-bleed start. We made it all the way to 32L/T-10 and still had not been cleared to stop.
You ORD guys can't handle a little non-conventional activity once in a while.

hahaha

yeah, we can't handle non-conventional activity. I can assure you this wasn't me. You need to do a cross bleed fine, T10, no problem, hold short of A9 and let me know when your done.

Did you tell metering or did you tell ground. Metering can sometimes forget to pass along all of your request as OBG can sometimes be to busy to interupt. Next time ask OBG where they want you to stop. May be a quick trip to the box, may be J1 Tango short of A7, may be short of A9, maybe on A. Just ask. We forget things from time to time.

Last edited:
What bugs me is when there is an ARRIVAL and a DEPARTURE ATIS, with different letters. ACARS (mine at least), only receives ARRIVAL ATIS. So when departing, I have two choices:
1- listen to departure ATIS (5 minutes of computer voice); or
2- say I have the ATIS. Controller says "verify departure ATIS Bravo," I say "affirmative."

Why do we need different ATIS information? If the two were combined, it would add a few seconds to each to include arrival runways and departure runways.

Controllers: WHY??
and: HELP!

A contoller told me that there was a GA accident and the estate sued the FAA because the pilot either didn't say he had the ATIS and the controller didn't ask him or the ATIS had changed and the controller didn't tell him of the new ATIS and there was something on the ATIS that may have possibly prevented the accident. So if true -- blame the lawyers.

A contoller told me that there was a GA accident and the estate sued the FAA because the pilot either didn't say he had the ATIS and the controller didn't ask him or the ATIS had changed and the controller didn't tell him of the new ATIS and there was something on the ATIS that may have possibly prevented the accident. So if true -- blame the lawyers.

Hence why these days if a plane comes on freq. in an emergency situation we are conditioned to give them wind and altimeter on initial call. We don't even have to think about it anymore.

What bugs me is when there is an ARRIVAL and a DEPARTURE ATIS, with different letters. ACARS (mine at least), only receives ARRIVAL ATIS. So when departing, I have two choices:
1- listen to departure ATIS (5 minutes of computer voice); or
2- say I have the ATIS. Controller says "verify departure ATIS Bravo," I say "affirmative."

Why do we need different ATIS information? If the two were combined, it would add a few seconds to each to include arrival runways and departure runways.

Controllers: WHY??
and: HELP!

Solution to convert arrival atis to departure is using the FMS keypad, count 13 letters past the current departure atis code to get the departure "letter"

http://www.nytimes.com/1994/11/24/us/fatal-runway-collision-under-us-inquiry.html

ATIS didn't show taxiway in use as runway in St. Louis, hence the "read back all hold short instructions" and "verify ATIS" came out of this.

Really? Really? This is what you people, "YOU PEOPLE", waste your time thinking about?

I never tell them I have the Info.

I always say "with you" on every Radio Call.

You all make me want to puke. WTF is wrong with all of you?

Oh...Merry Christmas you Namby-Pamby Aviation Professionals.

Love,

Whine

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back