Verification of flight time.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pipejockey

For the past 6 months I have been building flight time in a Piper twin owned by someone else. The strange thing is, he just packed up and disapeared. I always knew something was not right with this guy. But I was wondering if this may cause me problems with a regional airline when hired, in that I will have trouble verifying the flight time. It will be 200 hours that Ive flown in the past 6 months that I won't be able to readily verify.

No one seems to know where he vanished to, for all I know he's running from the law. But do I need to contact the FAA and give them the N # and see if they have been given a change of address so I can track him down, or should I not worry about it?

Why even worry about this.? Obviously you have the time in your log book so not much else counts when the interviewer reviews the logs. It is very simple to justify that you flew the plane, logged the time, etc, etc,... It isn't your "concern" on where the above named subject is and it should pose no problems or questions either during the interview process.

3 5 0

Thats good. I tend to be a worry wart. It's just my luck that I'll be given an interview soon and then when they sign me on, they discover I can't verify my most recent 200 hours:rolleyes: No way for me to really verify this time anyway since it was a backwoods airport with no one around. I'd just pop in and take the plane and drone around to build time.

don't worry about it. if you made it to the interview, they'll believe your story although i can't imagine them even thinking to ask about this unless you bring it up...

I've never known an airline that bothered to verify flight time, they only verify employers.

Did you look up to see if he changed the registration address through landings.com? If he legitimately moved, the new address may be there.

Flight time

I assume from your comments that you were just flying with this guy and he wasn't providing instruction. As long as you logged the time legitimately, don't worry.

You should worry about your knowledge of the airplane. Some interviewer might ask questions about the airplane's systems and limitations. The legitimacy of your time in that airplane will definitely come into question if you cannot exhibit knowledge of it. People who ride right seat in certain Kingairs, etc. just to log the time often run into that problem.

Where the guy disappeared to is his problem, not yours. Good luck with your efforts.

Thanks for the comments. He didn't provide instruction, as a matter of fact I rarely ever saw him. He just let me take the plane whenever I wanted as long as I fueled it up.

It sounds like it won't be a problem from the comments thus far. Thanks again.

pipejockey said:
Thanks for the comments. He didn't provide instruction, as a matter of fact I rarely ever saw him. He just let me take the plane whenever I wanted as long as I fueled it up.

If you have some fuel reciepts, maybe you should keep them, just for piece of mind.

Now that you....

Now that you have some twin suck, squeeze, bang time... get some IFR time (hood and actual) and get them resumes out. You'll be night flying checks before you know it.

Latest resources

Back