• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ventura Air Services (FRG)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I dropped them a resume in person last summer, they seemed nice. they are in based in the old aireast hangar. never heard anything back. not much info, i know.

Me thinks it's Aireast under a different name. JT the CP is a real nice guy. I've flown with him before. It appears that it's the old Aireast gang running things though. I have great disdain for most of the "Mr. MT" family. MT, MT & NT. All three. Especially that cocky knuckle-headed son. Was just wondering what their operations are like these days. R.I.P. K.H.

KH was a friend of mine, and my instrument instructor 25 years ago. He was sharp, and a good guy. That accident was, despite the finding, not the fault of the crew. It was due to the atrocious environment and attitude towards safety that they had to operate in, as well as the general disdain for modern crew resource management.

Air East lost their operating certificate for good reason. I think if the FAA took a hard look at Ventura and saw the questionable situation going on there the same thing would happen.

As for the wife, she should be about ready for market by now.

K.H. was great guy and someone I looked up to as a role model. He taught me lots and signed me off for a couple of ratings as well. Extremely good-hearted guy who was fun to hang out with when not flying. AE took him for granted and pushed him way too much (beyond the point of fatigue), even though he was a long time family friend. He was ALWAYS expected to be at their beck and call (no limits to the various duties they demanded of him), and treated poorly with little respect by that family. KH was too nice a guy to be treated so poorly. I agree that their culture of operations bred this accident indirectly.

I can still recall his wake and the video loop of him with his brother in the Lear on vacation. WAs very sad to watch. I did get to meet his mom who he'd mention from time to time. That accident left me feeling quite ill towards the whole T family. They're lousy, unscrupulous folks and liars to boot. The wife... well I cant stand her pudgy little body and dumb fkn two-faced smile. Lies lies lies.

KH was a friend of mine, and my instrument instructor 25 years ago. He was sharp, and a good guy. That accident was, despite the finding, not the fault of the crew. It was due to the atrocious environment and attitude towards safety that they had to operate in, as well as the general disdain for modern crew resource management.

Air East lost their operating certificate for good reason. I think if the FAA took a hard look at Ventura and saw the questionable situation going on there the same thing would happen.

As for the wife, she should be about ready for market by now.

The National Transportation Safety Board determines the probable cause(s) of this accident as follows:
The first officer's inadvertent retraction of the flaps during the low altitude maneuvering, which resulted in the inadvertent stall and subsequent in-flight collision with a residential home. Factors in the accident were the captain's decision to perform a low altitude maneuver using excessive bank angle, the flight crews inadequate coordination, and low clouds surrounding the airport.

How was it not the fault of the crew?

Latest resources

Back