Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
but would take a velo any day over the twin in your pic
Ok have fun with that one...

One thing I will tell you is that the stability of the BE58 in my sig will run circles around anything in the sky "piston", especially the Velocity. Also, the ice performance will kick a$$ against any piston bar-non. And yes I know it's not the fastest, but with the Velocity's 185 KIAS "it is compariable", more room, and more reliablity. That all I have to say about it. And yes while the Velocity is a cool looking plane and probably works for some, but he asked if anyone knew anything about it, I just told what I knew. Happy Flying

Last edited:
Well, the Velo is an "affordable" high performance for many. the cozy is much more affordable.

at those speeds, an airframe that is EXTREMELY robust and the fuel burn of a piston - hard to beat. Maintenance can be done by someone you trust and who will not take shortcuts - you - the builder

airframe problems will not be argued about with the mfg and the faa - builder groups find out about them and everyone just makes the changes. The velo is a mature design - very few "problems" have not been worked out already.

heh heh heh - what is the fuel burn on that twin? How much was the last annual.

I have a blue mountain glass panel in my plane - cost with 2 axis autopilot - 13,000. A backup glass panel that will also drive the autopilot. complete backup panel for 3,000 with all flight instruments and gps.

A third gps for terminal ifr and - shall i go on

Building your own plane gives you allot of options that you cert people just can not do. you have to put up with antiquated panels and airframes, as builders - we do not

When was the airframe designed?

I understand your job - but do you have this performance personally? if you do - great. next year my plane will be at the airport, 5 miles away, ready at an instant, ready to fly 260 knots at 10 GPH.

On icing - the stats show that in GA aircraft - those with icing "protection" get into more trouble than those that do not. i'll be with the do not.

Sorry - the POS sort a gets me goin. Can't believe i am supporting a velo - i'm a cozy builder.

Dustmaker....

Well as for fuel burn you got us there @ about 36gph the Baron burns more but there is trade-offs. Yes, your right GA and icing don't mix very well statistically. Most people aren't trained very well to deal with ice. I do agree with you also on the facts that building your own airplane has to be awesome and very rewarding. I just know a few people that have had problems with the Velocity so I guess that I have a bias opinion.

On the statement about a/c design and how old the BE58 is, well they still build them the same b/c they are rock solid. Yes some minor improvements have been made but basically still the same.

This is fun huh we could go on for days about pro's and con's but in the end we are all doing the same thing. Fly safe!!!

rubicon789 said:
I just know a few people that have had problems with the Velocity so I guess that I have a bias opinion.
Fly safe!!!

mmmm - i know of a problem velo, but it is not an airframe problem - it was weak engine and bad engine install problem. Don't know of any basic problems with the Velo, other than it needs allot more hp than a cozy to fly at the same speeds - heh heh heh.

What problems do you know about?

and yes - always fly safe

Latest resources

Back