Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dep676

My Glock is bigger!!!!!
I have searched and looked in the FAR's and online and can not find what I am looking for.

Does anybody know if there any reg's about driving on runways or taxiways at an uncontrolled airport? Like I said I can not find anything to address vehicles on airports.

Thanks

I cant reference any regs but when we practiced for NIFA we had to have a beacon and radio to communicate while driving our golf cart around the surface as instructed by the airport manager. This was at an uncontrolled field.

At another airports though I have seen cars, fuel trucks, and golf carts cross the runway in use without a radio or beacon. This particular airport was also uncontrolled.

Last edited:
It makes a difference whether it's a Part 139 (some kind of air carrier qualification) or not. I know airports where you just take a look before you drive onto the runway, but 139 airports are a lot more strict...radios, beacons, all that fun stuff.

Beyond that, it's probably up to the airport management.

Fly safe!

David

Not that this was ME or anything, but a field I know of in SW GA was frequently the site of late-nite drag racing---the people involved would ensure they had a handheld tuned to the unicom just in case somebody came in late---but it was mostly a crop-dusting field, so traffic was pretty sparse. Again, not that it was ME or anything, but I knew a guy...!

BTW, the local cops, fire dept, etc all knew and as long as no FOD was left on the runways they didn't seem to care---I don't know what a rep from the FSDO would have thought...

Same here with the drag racing, although we did it at a fairly busy uncontrolled field that we probably shouldn't have. :erm: Great fun though!

Latest resources

Back