• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TheCheat

4 8 15 16 23 42
http://www.fltops.com/jobs/

Anyone on here think this is worth the time? It's a long way to Vegas for me, but I really want to talk to SWA in case they decide to ramp up hiring.

And more importantly, what is *really* the dress code? They say "casual" but just how casual do they want? Do they expect at least a tie, or is a polo shirt good enough? Did anyone here go to the one in Dallas last October? (yeah, I know, I was on that thread saying I was going, but something came up last minute.)

I went to the AirlineInterviews.com job fair in MCO this past Saturday and it was a complete waste of time and money. Only about half of the airlines that were scheduled to be there showed up. Of the ones I wanted to talk to that actually showed up (SWA, AirTran, and Allegiant) none are hiring.

I did get an e-mail from Delta saying that although they are not hiring, they will be at the Vegas job fair to meet pilots for possible hiring later this year.

I dont think it would hurt to talk for an extended period of time to an airline recruiter of a place you want to work.....how can it hurt?

airlinepilotcentral.com has an article on the job fair and gives some examples of what is suitable atire.

You have nothing to lose except a few days off....

I look at it like this : There are those that do and those that dont....someone can have 3-5k of pic time and never get their dream job.....its not about just being a pilot...its much more than that.

There were some suits at the Dallas 07 fair. Mostly oxfords and a tie. The line for CAL was a mile long.

EatinRamen, I know this is a major forum, but did you talk to MESA in the May 08 MCO job fair? What did they have to say?

Last edited:
http://www.fltops.com/jobs/

Anyone on here think this is worth the time? It's a long way to Vegas for me, but I really want to talk to SWA in case they decide to ramp up hiring.

And more importantly, what is *really* the dress code? They say "casual" but just how casual do they want? Do they expect at least a tie, or is a polo shirt good enough? Did anyone here go to the one in Dallas last October? (yeah, I know, I was on that thread saying I was going, but something came up last minute.)

I went to one in Vegas a that FTi was sponsering abouta year and a half ago. It was good to get someone one on one chat with the recruiter. Look presentable in what ever you are comfortable in....
polo shirt, dress shirt/ tie what ever just look clean and pressed.

Latest resources

Back