Vegar Air Tours

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Chaz

Does anyone have info on any of these company's? Mins, hiring, ect..

Air Nevada Airlines

Air Vegas Airlines

Eagle Canyon Airlines

Lake Mead Air

Scenic Airlines

Thanks

Chaz, I'll do my best but I don't think you'll like what I have to write.

Air Nevada- Closed a long time ago.

Air Vegas- Might be hiring, I don't know, but you have to pay $5000 for FO training. I think mins are 500 hrs.

Eagle Canyon- Owned by Scenic or Owns Scenic. They have furloughed pilots.

Scenic- I don't think they're hiring. They want about 1200/100

Lake Mead Air- Needed VFR 135 mins but they're closing.

Another suggestion would be Vision(aire). I dunno what their mins. are now but they used to be something like 700tt/50 me. I heard that they are now PFT-could just be a rumor. They're based outta N. Las Vegas (VGT). They had a bunch of chieftains and a couple of DO 228s.

Another co. is King Aerlines (they spell it weird) outta Henderson, NV. I dunno what their mins. are now but they used to be 500tt or 700tt and just have ME rating. They had 206s, 207s and 402s. My buddy worked there and seemed to like it. (Pay sucks though).

Another- Grand Canyon airlines. They are based at the south rim and fly twin otters. Actually I dunno if they are still around. But check it out.

Another- Air Grand Canyon. I believe that is there name. Also based outta the grand canyon airport. They fly the greenie weenies. (green 207s). Again, I dunno their status, but I have a friend who used to fly for them and he said they treat you just ok, but a fair amount of flight time and decent pay. You may end up living in some cheese trailer with 8 other pilots. But I really dont know.

There might be a few small operators outta Page, Az. And possibly a few in Moab, UT still.

Check 'em out.

------OODog------

(gotta love the dog on a hot day, loaded, outta bar ten)

Is LMA really closing? Or is mgmt. just repeating what they have been for the past couple of seasons?

I heard that Big 'E' was in the hospital for awhile. He sure is crotchety but I wish him the best.

How are those toilets, sparkling? The Pilot/Janitor position is what sets LMA above the rest......:D

OODog, is right. I work for Vision. They're "pay-to-play" (about $5K) for the right seat of a "Doorknob" or left seat of the Chieftan and they just hired a bunch of FO's in Sept. Good luck.

(And in case anyone's wondering, I had a Do228 type already. I signed on for a year, but I didn't pay.):rolleyes:

Air vegas is hiring. I saw a listing for FO's on a job website, I think it was Flipdog.com. Same deal as already stated though, pay $5k for the right seat.

Air Vegas is no longer hiring, they are running a class in January that has been full for over 6 weeks. I've been told they tend to run classes every 6 months or so I wouldn't hold my breath for there being another one anytime soon, also I heard every single person in the class had some kind of connection there. My rule of thumb is by the time you read about a job opportunity on the internet it's way too late. :rolleyes:

How can you say that Scare Vegas is hiring if they are charging 5,000.00 to come to work.. Seems like hiring is the wrong term for this.......

Latest resources

Back