• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Vanity Fair article on the GOL 737 and Legacy mid-air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think they intentionally turned the transponder OFF.

About 1:26 from the beginning of the tape they talk about the transponder.

N600XL:
Dude do you have the TCAS on?
Yes, the TCAS is OFF.

Last edited:
I was impressed with the article. Well written, technically accurate. I don't think he's demonizing these guys, just writing frankly about the incident. And I have to agree, as much as I'd like to fly one, bizjets are abhorrent most of the time.

Good article. Excellent example of how it takes of a chain of events

I was impressed with the article. Well written, technically accurate. I don't think he's demonizing these guys, just writing frankly about the incident. And I have to agree, as much as I'd like to fly one, bizjets are abhorrent most of the time.

WTF are you talking about? What's abhorrent is the state of the airline industry. It's like some horrible form of torture to have to ride on them, even in first class. Believe me, I did it for 14 hrs yesterday.

I think it's a sign that something's terribly wrong with our economy when airlines are going bankrupt and parking their jets, and corporations are buying them as executive limousines. You guys don't find that abhorrent, especially when said corporations are announcing layoffs?

No magazine that has pictures of partially clad women is the wrong magazine. Ever.

Latest resources

Back