• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Vanguard about to bite the dust!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I was still working there I'd be making 88 bucks an hour as a eighth year Captain. Had a LOT of fun working there.

Bubba, please tell me you posted this as some kind of weak joke. If not, I'm going to have to give you a failing grade in the internets.

Oh no, if Vanguard goes under and National Airlines also, what will ever happen to the industry. LMAO

Best thread ever!!!

Hey Did any one hear that Braniff was going to file Chapter 11!!!

omfg did you guys hear some d00d named lindbergh flew an airplane from new york to an aerodrome in france, NON STOP? What an age we live in.

Lear Wanna Be said:
Oh no, if Vanguard goes under and National Airlines also, what will ever happen to the industry. LMAO

Best thread ever!!!

What's the story with National? Aren't they interviewing anymore...

That Mike Conway. What an aviation stud. :puke:

Ya know it's a good thing they finished that new runway in KSTL. I hear that TWA is getting B747 Jumbo Jets and will fly non-stops from STL to LAX and JFK airports. I hear there will be a piano bar on the upper deck and the stewardessessesessssess are all single gals age 21 to 25!!! YEAH!!!

Lear Wanna Be said:

Best thread ever!!!

Don't worry, the story pasted below clearly states that Hooters Air, you know the new carrier out of MYR, is going to come in and save them.

I also forecast that other new carrier out of JFK won't last another 6 months. Blue something, I think they're called.

Hooters continues to eye airline
Restaurant chain known for selling sex appeal asks for 3 more weeks to look at Vanguard's books.
September 3, 2002: 5:00 PM EDT

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Talks are continuing between bankrupt Vanguard Airlines and restaurant chain Hooters of America, but even if the chain does buy the Kansas City-based air carrier, don't expect to see tight t-shirts and shorts on the flight attendants, or most other employees.
The Hooters restaurant chain is known for selling the sex appeal of its waitresses along with its casual food. But Mike McNeil, the vice president of marketing for the privately-held restaurant chain, said that kind of extension of the Hooters brand to the airline isn't likely, even if the current talks and due diligence produce a deal.

Latest resources

Back