Vancouver BC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

thatpilotguy

I'm headed to Vancouver next week and would like some advice on FBO's places to stay and things to see and do. I have not been there in years and never had much time there. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Any contact information for the FBO's would be great as well. Thanks in advance.

I've used Millionair there, they did a great job. stayed at the Delta hotel. Lots to do downtown, if you've got time, drive up to Whistler. I know it's outta snow season but still a nice place. Or catch the ferry or float plane over to Victoria, very nice over there too

I also used Millionair, they did a great job, and hooked us up at the Marriott Pinnacle in Downtown...great location, nice place, and not too expensive. If you are there for more than one night, definitely go downtown to stay. Ditto on Whisler. Ferry to Victoria takes a while, but worth it for a day excursion.

don't forget to eat at the flying beaver, it doubles as a waterport for sea planes. pretty cool watching them land.

Millionair was good to us to and also the marriott downtown was also very nice. Alot to do in Vanc but i also second go to victoria it is very nice uo there

I flew up there last year and had a great experience with MillionAir as well. If you have some time after lunch at the dock, try taking a Beaver ride over to Nanaimo to walk around. I went to the counter there and said I was a pilot for a 135 operator and they gave me a $20 r/t ticket on the Otter to Nanaimo. For those of us playing in the flight levels, it sure is fun to "cruise" at 1,500 ft across the bay to Vancouver Island.

Well... where to begin. I've got an arms length worth of stuff and rightly so as I grew up there.

Great advice on staying downtown if you're there for a few days. The beaver is a must, but watch the frosty beverages, Vancouver and BC in general are militant when it comes to drinking and driving and have road blocks set up around town to check for them. There's only one road in and out of the Beaver just as an FYI.

Once downtown your options are endless, truly a great city to walk around. From English Bay, to Robson Street, Stanley Park, China Town, Gastown and Yale Town all downtown and walkable though you will be worn out at the end of the day. Great call on the floatplane rides to Vancouver Island, be it Nanaimo or Victoria. From downtown Vancouver you can catch a ride to Victoria harbor, definilty ask about interline or "pilot" rates as they do offer them.

Just outside of downtown you have 4th Ave and Kittsilano Beach (definilty worth while for sight seeing ;) ) Additionally Granville Island is a more than worthy of a visit. Don't let the name fool you as its not truly an Island, instead its full of artisans and a great marketplace full of good eats not to mention the Gransville Island brewery!!!

One absolute must is La Casa Gelato. 200+ flavors at all times, 500+ in their rotation!!! Ya, some are pretty out there, but definilty worth a visit.

Shoot, all this is making me jealous, definilty time for a visit.

Latest resources

Back