Vance AFB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BeeVee

Just "flight checked" the ILS on 17C at Vance AFB this morning....place hasn't changed a bit. The last time I shot the ILS to 17C was over 20 years ago in a T-38.... I remember pulling the power a bit early on a single-engine approach (simulated) and "bouncing" in the overrun...lol...good times. Enid was ok for a year but I still think I would have had more fun at Willy or Reese.....

Enid was ok for a year but I still think I would have had more fun at Willy or Reese.....

Only went to Enid once...have no desire to go back! Wichita Falls was a nice place but you're right Willy or Reese would have been much better. The Air Force saw good deals and decided to get rid of it ASAP, as they always do... Lubbock was a cool town, and the Texas Tech girls were amazing! :D Phoenix was a great place to be young, single and fly fast jets...best year of my life!

I agree, Enid is the big city compared to Altus. Altus is like the moon, but with less good times or chance for tail.

I just flew by there yesterday, and I was wondering if anything changed...I could almost recall some of the practice areas....grain elevator, small town, straight roads..

I guess it keep you in the books...ha.

I seem to remember some fun trips to Oklahoma City and Stillwater on the weekends....and assignment night always brought in a busload of local gals.

Good times.

Latest resources

Back