Valero

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

watch

A corporate pilot job at Valero has been posted on their website for sometime - anyone know info about it?

From what I've heard they operate a couple LJ60's & a X @KSAT. I applied a couple months ago and got a dear john e-mail that said I didn't meet their qualifications for experience. I would think they would be a great company. Good luck!

I see a blue challenger with a big V on the tail in Teterboro every once in a while. The tail number ends with VF- I assume that belongs to Valero too, although the VF may just be a coincidence.

buddy of mine who did first and second interview got the turn down phone call today. They may hire again in the spring.

Regards
Bman

I have a friend who applied and received an email saying thanks for applying - please be patient due to the number of applicants. that was a month ago. What does that mean? How long had your ap been in before you were called for the info? What was the interview like?

watch said:
I have a friend who applied and received an email saying thanks for applying - please be patient due to the number of applicants. that was a month ago. What does that mean? How long had your ap been in before you were called for the info? What was the interview like?

I am sorry my friend, I did not interview a buddy of mine did so I cannot provide you any details other than that he did not get the job and the position is filled!

Sorry
Bman

watch said:
Thats the email I got...

Valero is a good company to work for as far as pay, nice planes, etc. BUT I can tell you from personal experience (I did interview) that they need to get organized. After my interview that I thought went well, I heard nothing from them. Not even a form letter. After almost 2 months I called and learned I did not get it. I thought it was pretty crappy to just leave you hanging like that. I am sure the guys in the flight dept. are busy. But this sort of thing is just common courtesy. If they don't have time they should hire someone to do it. It reflects very poorly on what I believe to be a good place to work.

Latest resources

Back