VA - So much for being "hip" if you can't make a profit doing it

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think you might be hypoxic.

Tell what what was factually wrong about what I posted?

Aircraft are arriving.

The author does not know the inner workings or mindset of the BOD, nor does anyone on this board.

Richard Branson has made BILLIONS in his business ventures.

Fubi has been wrong so many times, on so many subjects, it isn't even funny anymore.

News reports are already out today about the new destination.

The simulator has been delivered.

New hires are in training.

The future hiatus in aircraft deliveries has been in the plans for quite some time, even included in a power point from a company meeting from one year ago.

All of those are facts, and easily verified.

Okay, I will admit I was wrong about that. Perhaps I am hypoxic after all...

Guess you just let the cheer leading get the best of you. At least YOU won't abandon ship when it sinks like some Italian cruise line CA.

Can't wait to watch Fubullshiz and the like....pound on their tantrum boards when the cash starts a flowing. Get ready doubters!

Are you talking about our wages?:nuts:

Kidding of course, I hope you are right, because if your not......... ugly!!

Let's just say, one profitable quarter in 4 years isn't promising.

I'm down. I understand you want to succeed, but the deck is stacked against you. Here's why:

1. SFO hub.
2. Competitor's frequent flyer programs.
3. Sir Dick won't pour money down the rathole forever.

You have to start making money or it's finito.

I'm down. I understand you want to succeed, but the deck is stacked against you. Here's why:

1. SFO hub.
2. Competitor's frequent flyer programs.
3. Sir Dick won't pour money down the rathole forever.

You have to start making money or it's finito.

Totally agree on the SFO hub. When it's nice out, it's great. But being a 1-2-3 airport puts a hamper on the operation for sure. For those not based at SFO a 1-2-3 airport means 1 cloud + 2 airplanes=3 hour delay.

Our freq flyer program isnt great....yet. As for the $$ part, way above my paygrade, but the airline is coming up on 5 years of operating and still continuing to grow. Obviously the investors see potential here, as do most of the employee group. As for the making money part, or we close, you are absolutely right. So stay tuned. Cheers!

Totally agree on the SFO hub. When it's nice out, it's great. But being a 1-2-3 airport puts a hamper on the operation for sure. For those not based at SFO a 1-2-3 airport means 1 cloud + 2 airplanes=3 hour delay.

Our freq flyer program isnt great....yet. As for the $$ part, way above my paygrade, but the airline is coming up on 5 years of operating and still continuing to grow. Obviously the investors see potential here, as do most of the employee group. As for the making money part, or we close, you are absolutely right. So stay tuned. Cheers!

This year will be the real test, when they put a temporary stop to the growth. If they can't make money with what they have now then it's pretty much a sign that they'll never make money.

I will reserve judgement but my gut feeling is that their business model (going after legacy carriers in their core markets) doesn't make a whole lot of sense. And I feel that 2012 is likely to bring modest business travel growth and continued elevated fuel prices, which the legacies have positioned themselves to weather but doesn't bode well for VA.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back