V.A. call back

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

buxflyr

Does Virgin America give every applicant a response (either way) after the application has been completed?

By application, do you mean the assessment? First you apply online and then you should get a link to complete an online assessment. Just log into your profile on Virgin's website, and under 'Jobs I've applied to' you should see 'Pilot' and under 'Actions' there should be a link to the online assessment.

Take that, good luck. Make sure you have a calculator, paper, pencil and quitness for 2 hours. If you pass that, you sould get an email in which they send you a questionnaire (the next step towards interview). If you don't pass it, I don't think you'll hear anything.

Fast forwarding a bit (if you are successful in every step)..if you receive the drug test request (check email often..they seem not to call), that is the indication that a job offer is imminent. I believe the drug test has a 48hr deadline from the time it's requested.

Also, VA seems to have a track record of offering a class date of 2 weeks to the day from employment offer..so have your resignation letter typed and ready to send/drop off (if you care to give your current employer a 2 week notice). Not sure if this is intentional on VA's part (and if so..why?!) ..but seems to be standard practice.

Finally, most importantly, good luck to you.

If you don't pass it, I don't think you'll hear anything.
This is correct, unfortunately. No news is bad news. Not sure what I'd prefer; a rejection letter or eternal crickets..but that's what VA has chosen as policy apparently.

yup, crickets here.....Its a good thing I cannot afford to go to Virgin quite yet. My wife will start working again this summer after she graduates-then maybe I will get another chance. That being said-I am very disappointed in not getting the chance to interview. I would jump at the awesome chance to work for Virgin America and just deal with the bills later.

I would jump at the awesome chance to work for Virgin America and just deal with the bills later.

Yikes.

If you substitute "Virgin America" with "FedEx"....I could see it. First year at FedEx ($61/hr) coupled with maybe living overseas would be tough. But the payoff is there within a year ($144/hr...more than any VA Captain...and most B6 Captains).

Otherwise....yikes.

It is an unfortunate practice that they have been doing at VX for years. The pilots are really unhappy as to how the recruiters treat applicants here. Unfortunately flight ops management has been able to make no progress in getting a better process enabled.

I know several of us are bringing the issue up in our upcoming refresh events. (sort of an annual corp cheer leading festival) hopefully enough people make issue of it to make progress on the issues.

i know several of us are bringing the issue up in our upcoming refresh events. (sort of an annual corp cheer leading festival) hopefully enough people make issue of it to make progress on the issues.

bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

By application, do you mean the assessment? First you apply online and then you should get a link to complete an online assessment. Just log into your profile on Virgin's website, and under 'Jobs I've applied to' you should see 'Pilot' and under 'Actions' there should be a link to the online assessment.

Take that, good luck. Make sure you have a calculator, paper, pencil and quitness for 2 hours. If you pass that, you sould get an email in which they send you a questionnaire (the next step towards interview). If you don't pass it, I don't think you'll hear anything.

I did the assessment. Although...I got called away in the middle of it and finished it up later in the evening. I think it has been over a month now. Must not be "smrt" enough!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back