Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

walangtakot

Hello,
I am currently a chief flight instructor at a small flight school in Salt lake city, utah. I have 1250 hours total time and a 100 hrs of Seneca time. I am looking for other possible opportunities to fly corporate and hopefully get more multi time. Any recommendations or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
thank you.

No Fear,

I would try one of the freight operators that fly out of SLC. Western Air Express is based out of Boise, but have several runs out of Salt Lake. There are others, but I've been out of the freight world for a while.

The pilot shortage everyone is talking about hasn't hit the good jobs yet, and you are not quite competitive for the corporate world, but a season or two of real world frieght goes a long way.

Also, try to get to know some of the corp and charter pilots there in SLC. most are pretty approachable, and know specifics about hiring there. Million Air in particular. Line guys are also a good source of knowing who is cool, and would talk to you.

D and D aviation @ KSLC. QOL is horrible but if you want to stay in the valley your choices are VERY slim! Good luck!! I have a friend flying a trip for them right now. PM me if you like and I will get you in touch with him.

Huntsman has a Gulfstream. I don't know whats going to happen when he retires. Qwest has a Citation. And Sinclair has a Gulfstream and a Lear.

Please don't take this wrong, but at 1200 hours you don't have anything to offer - yet. Keep instructing and looking for an entry level 135 job that will get you some solid IFR PIC experience. Most quality positions - in Utah or anywhere else - are looking for 3000 or 4000 hours minimum TT and at least a couple thousand hours multi and a significant amount of turbine time and many also like a college degree. There will alway be the "low ball" operators that will hire guys with less time, but these aren't career positions. The other thing that you need to be doing is to start networking. Much of corporate hiring is done by direct referral. Take that for what it's worth.

Latest resources

Back