Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

atrdriver

Living in Paradise
Anyone know why I can't view the new format of this site using Mozilla Firebird as a browser? I hate using IE, but have to to get here.

atrdriver

my regular build of mozilla works fine now, it was tweaky at first but after a few days it settled down (mods making changes to site i believe)

Mozilla 1.6
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040113

do you have text size under the 'view' menu set to 100%? whats your screen resolution at?

Mozilla Firebird

Firebird has been renamed Firefox and is available at this page. I run Firefox on my Mac and it displays the board just fine. It also supports all the new posting formatting functions.

Hope this helps some more.

I've been running firefox for about a month and it seems to be even better than firebird. I would never think of going back to IE.

Thanks guys, got it fixed. Had to change the Character Coding to Western. That did the trick. With the default setting the page displayed blank, and when I went to source it showed the page was blank as well. Don't know why, but changing to Western fixed it. I just hated having to use IE to view the board.

atrdriver

Nova said:
its not as simple as that, it appears to have to do with page navigation (forward/back) with an edit window, I'd already im'ed skyking that if you go back and reclick the 'post' button the page should come back up properly

I've had the same problem myself, where the editing window is occasionally uneditable (the background is that cream color instead of white like it should be)

Dash8 said:
I've had the same problem myself, where the editing window is occasionally uneditable (the background is that cream color instead of white like it should be)
On a couple of occassions I've tried to copy and paste from the so-called WYSIWYG editor to Word so I can compose without fear of the post being lost. Somehow, that cream-colored background shows up during the process. Now, I'm using IE 6.0.2800, so it's obviously not just a Mozilla problem.

While I really like the appearance of the board now, the WYSIWYG editor has me more than a bit perturbed. Previously, I could predict how a post would appear, even if I could not see it before clicking "Submit Repy" or "Preview Post." Now, I can't see it ahead of time (as one would expect from a What You See Is What You Get editor) NOR can I predict.

While I'm on the subject, does anyone know how to include a link to a URL and give it a title you assign along with text attributes of your choice? For example, if I want to include a link to www.myfriendspage.com (<--see, I didn't want that to be a link, I didn't change the color, and this editor did it automatically) and make it look like this: Joe's Web Page It was fairly easy before, but I'm lost now.

Latest resources

Back