Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Galaxy

Watching FLOPS die slowly
We stopped in for a quick turn in a Citation and while I was paying I heard the front desk girl tell the line guy on the radio to put two quarts of Aeroshell 80 in the left engine of Navajo tail number "X". I used the restroom and came out to find a ladder on the left side of our Citation with the line guy holding two empty piston engine oil bottles. The placard on the oil door clearly reads: Caution Do Not Mix Oils. Use Only Exxon 2380. I guess he could not read. It caused a three hour delay while we dealt with P&W and the MX next door. Thier lack of line service training is evident and I caution anyone using them to BEWARE! You are safer using the next doors competition First Flight. That was our LAST time visiting any FLOWER.

Holy Crap! Glad to see they train their linemen well.

Like I said-the deal was done.. I already paid. I never even asked for oil. But I got two quarts of the wrong stuff. Walked out to find the lineguy on a ladder at the engine. And the answer is NO-they did not even offer to re-adjust the fuel price or even throw a cheap steak at us. Not even a sorry from Flower Mgt to us or our passenger/owner who was on her way to her wedding in CA. Like I said before-just avoid them! Borger ,TX has cheaper fuel at $2.94 anyway-but they were getting TS-so I chose GCK-what a mistake. The airport doesnt need two FBO's anyway and the way all the line guys are out there flagging you in is just absurd. If ya gotta stop in GCK use First Flight. All of First Flight's line guys are either pilots working thier way up or maint guys working thier way up. They all can read and they can tell the difference between a Navajo and a Citation. I know because I had 3 hours to talk to them all. Thanks Flower-for nothing-you can take me off your mailing list forever.

Last edited:
Wow. And thus far the thread has been read 148 times. It'll probably get 148 more reads by dinner time tonite. I know after reading this I certainly won't stop at Flower GCK and will let scheduling know for our other 15 planes.

airnav.com is a good place to leave a review of the FBO service.

Airnav-already done it. Just waiting the 48hrs for it to post.
The life you save by avoiding them just might be your own. I fear that if the training is that poor that he can not tell the difference in oils can he tell the difference in fuel types?

who the hell would let a line guy put oil in their navajo to begin with? i've been flynig for 7 years and have never even heard someone ask a ine guy to put oil in an airplane. how lazy can you be? not to mention how could someone trust a line guy? for reasons like this story. i was actually in gck @ flower like a week ago, nice clevage on the fbo girl. and she gave us 5000 bonus avtrip points each. too bad the line guy is a terd.

Latest resources

Back