Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Usatoday Article: Is Spirit front office staff run by a bunch of 5th graders?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

relief tube

Their marketing staff might be run like an unoriginal copy of ryanair, but now their PR dept looks childish too.

What happened to flight crew being responsible for their own wings? But stuff happens, so when it does, playing the irrational blame game just makes you look like a bunch of schmucks.

......................usatoday.com

Spirit Airlines says a New Year's Eve fender bender involving a parked US Airways plane was caused by an air traffic control error.
The airline issued a statement saying that air traffic control at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport did not alert the pilot that the US Airways plane was parked nearby.
Spirit Flight 403 landed on the night of Dec. 31 with 167 passengers on board. After landing, air traffic control instructed the pilot of the Airbus A320 to taxi on taxiway T.
The airline said in its statement:
"While taxiing, the Spirit Airbus A320 made contact with a parked US Airways A320 aircraft. Spirit was not advised by air traffic control of the presence of the other aircraft. As part of Spirit's investigation, Spirit has been informed by officials that the control tower had also not been advised that the other A320 was parked in such close proximity to an active taxiway."
ALSO ONLINE: Is Spirit the nation's true low-cost airline?
READ MORE: Spirit's $100 carry-on fee just the tip of the iceberg
Spirit has been in touch with the National Transportation Safety Board about the incident. The NTSB will not investigate the accident "given the minor nature of the incident," the airline said.
The Spirit passengers deplaned at the gate as normal. No one was injured.
Spirit's aircraft was returned to service within hours following minor repairs.
US Airways is continuing to investigate the incident, according to CNN.
According to CNN, radio calls captured by the website LiveATC.net show the Spirit pilot warned ground control about limited space to maneuver.
"You might want to send guys around the other way, it's really tight here in Cactus Park," he said using "Cactus" the US Airways radio call sign.

But my Lexus has little electric round things on the bumpers that go "beep, beep, beep" when I get close to other cars. I am going to sue Airbus for failing to put them on the wing tips. :D

Side-show Baldanza probably didn't spring for No-fault coverage when shopping insurance with LLoyds of London.

Jeeze......good people working over there working for stooooopid management.

It's free advertising according to our management, they love it. There is no such thing as bad publicity, even for an airline (if you cater to low class cheap pax that only shop at Wal-Mart, which is what we do).

I went into fll the other day and they had t2 and t3 notamed closed on atis. We came uo on t2 and it looked open so we asked if we could use it. Ground said t was closed between t2 and t3, but we could still use t2. Ummm, notam the correct crap? I could see the confusion there. They close the taxiway and overnight aircraft on them. That being said, just don't hit the parked airplane should be easy.

Latest resources

Back