USArways Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JAB31

Been out of the loop for a while and was wondering what was going on with the furloughs. Are they done with the furloughs? Announce any more? Any inside intel on call backs/future staffing etc.............Hopefully the furlough won't be too long.I hate painting houses!

Thanks in advance

When they staffed the airline for the furloughs they planned it out through the end of 2009.

They seem to be sticking to the plan.

Sorry, wish I had better news for you.

Everyone I have spoken with seems to think that recalls will probrably occur late this year. Union claims they are understaffed with this furlough plan and with all the flexing of schedules and junior manning, this is believable. The big problem is the contract/seniority, if this is settled i think recalls are possible. Throw in a couple grievances that are ruled in our favor(large rj issue and block hours)these could help also.
Here's a question, being that age 65 was passed two years ago this december. Many will be 62 in 2010, will this lead to more retirements next year, and was this factored into the staffing model with these furloughs. If 100 retire between now and next summer, you would think this would necessitate a recall at some point. I don't have the numbers though.

Anyway, I'm just trying to find some optimism because this furlough sure does suck!

I should add my info was from recurrent training back in Feb. so the summer will tell ...

A lot of guys say they are out at 62 and I tend to believe them.

I should add my info was from recurrent training back in Feb. so the summer will tell ...

A lot of guys say they are out at 62 and I tend to believe them.

HA! I used to believe them when they said "I aint staying past 60!" NONE OF THEM WENT!

Good luck to you all....

There seem to be 6 guys that they can't quite seem to get off the property. The emails say 'remaining six to leave at the beginning of March', then 'the beginning of April', then 'the beginning of May'. Those poor 6 bastards just keep on plugging away!

Furlough blows, by the way.

Furloughs? Are they really furloughing? From where, the old USAir or Am West?

All furloughs on both the East and West side were completed in May with the remaining 7 guys furloughed on the West side.

When will recalls commence. No really knows. Talk to the VP, he stated that if their is a contract and the company sticks with the West vacation part of the contract, the company would have to recall. But right now there is not contract and everything else changes by the day if not the hour.

I speculate by 2010 spring they will have to recall. But I don't have the crystal ball.

Latest resources

Back