Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh geezzzz.....Aunt Mabel beating up Uncle Harold again...a private family matter...that should be kept ...private.

This is so damn childish.

The whole time I was reading that legal brief I couldn't help but envision the little boy on the playground that is getting his butt kicked and goes crying to the teacher.

It's called LIFE. Sometime you're the windshield sometimes you're the bug.

What a total waste of the limited resources ASAPA has. Has anyone here ever heard the term what you resists persists? The more USAPA tries to play this game, the more fuel they add to the fire.

I totally understand the East pilots' concerns. Niclau doesn't seem fair, but these types of motions don't do a thing to bolster any support for you on a national level.

East pilots are more than welcome at NWA. I agree wholeheartedly that using the jumpseat for political reasons is totally out of line and unbecoming of an airline pilot. Anyone that denies a jumpseat for anything other than safety is a doorknob and needs to get a life.

The funny thing is that this so-called injunction would be completely unenforceable.

I agree Morgoth. What worries me is that if this goes far enough the politicians (FAA, Congress) might throw up there hands and declare jumpseats are only for FAA inspections, AND THAT'S IT!

Yes thay are good to go, as are Skywest pilot (voted ALPA down) AA pilots (Dumped ALPA) and all USAir pilots on each coast. The jumpseat is not a political forum.

How conveniently unrelated. Apples....Meet Oranges!

USAPA pilots will ALWAYS be banned from my cockpit.

Period. The end. That's it. Scabford and his nerdy band of pseudo tough guys; along with his walking STD of an attorney can try and sue me.

It's not a political statement, It's not safe.

I agree Morgoth. What worries me is that if this goes far enough the politicians (FAA, Congress) might throw up there hands and declare jumpseats are only for FAA inspections, AND THAT'S IT!
Nope. The only way the FAA or Congress would get involved is if there was a series of violations, crashes, or safety issues. Some pilots whining about not being able to use the jumpseat wont endanger the jumpseat privilige.

If you complain to the FAA they will say it's the captain's authority and he can deny access for any reason. If he denies the jumpseat because he doesn't like your haircut...well tough crap.

Period. The end. That's it. Scabford and his nerdy band of pseudo tough guys; along with his walking STD of an attorney can try and sue me.

You must rule that cockpit with a real chip on your shoulder. Maybe you should take some time off to cool down a little bit. Seriously.

Let the poor commuter take a seat in the back at least. Like someone said earlier...you don't have to like the guy/gal. Just give them the ride they need to get home to their family. If the shoe were on the other foot you would want the same level of respect.

Yup that's the rule, and I'm sure USAPA agrees with that rule too. You see the nice cut and paste from the law suit hides the bigger picture here. You see, the lawsuit is/was basically a shot across the bow to the west guys who banded together and decided to attempt to derail/run up costs/block phone lines (including false calls to a safety line)/attempt to screw up mail system, and postings that came around calling for friends and other carriers to deny the j/s to east pilots, for the whole reason that they are east pilots. I.E. interfere with someone trying to commute.

Now I know you west guys could careless about a east guy trying to commute, but I guess OUR union does. Now if you read the whole lawsuit, it basically says, We want the West guys to stop with the childish games, and sending feces through the mail, calling an update number 2500 times in a 2 week period (or some crap like that, believe it was the previous MEC chairman for America West doing that????)
In no way do I read that lawsuit, and see it saying, prevent any captain at any carrier from denying the jumpseat, but more like saying, keep the west guys from starting a political jumpseat war.

Oh, posted on another board, in case some would like some info on the lawsuit.

Fellow pilots,

The following is an update with regard to USAPA's current legal action.

AWAPPA and its directors have submitted a Motion to Dismiss that will be considered by the federal court this Friday in the context of USAPA's injunction request.

Significantly, AWAPPA's motion actually assumes the truth of USAPA's allegations. In other words, AWAPPA takes the position that the lawsuit should be dismissed even if it is true that AWAPPA and others unlawfully conspired to send excrement through the mail, engage in threats of physical violence, and engage in criminal telephonic and electronic sabotage.

The gist of AWAPPA's motion is that, due to alleged technical defects relating to USAPA's federal cause of action, that cause of action should be dismissed. And, if the federal cause of action is dismissed, then the multiple state law causes of action should be dismissed based on the federal court's lack of jurisdiction over state law claims..

AWAPPA's motion, therefore, is nothing more than a technicality-based delay tactic. In the event the motion is successful, USAPA will simply re-file the action in North Carolina state court. In our view, nothing will have been accomplished for the defendants other than the generation of additional attorneys' fees. The defendants' "success" will merely result in the allegations of criminal and otherwise unlawful misconduct being evaluated by a North Carolina state court jury.

In the meantime, certain individual defendants have inquired with USAPA concerning the possibility of settlement. Due to the fact that the litigation is in its early stages, USAPA has responded -- depending on the conduct of the particular defendant -- with either low-cost or no-cost offers of settlement contingent on the individual's commitment to refrain from future unlawful conduct.

We are aware that certain of the defendants are soliciting money from their fellow pilots to finance their defense against the allegations of criminal and otherwise unlawful conduct. In our view, the better economic and moral decision would be to admit their wrong-doing and make a commitment to refrain from future criminal and unlawful activity. As the litigation progresses, however, USAPA will become more reluctant to agree to a low-cost or no-cost settlement.

USAPA is aware that certain individuals have represented that the lawsuit seeks the compromise the defendants' position regarding seniority integration. That is untrue. The current litigation does not seek to diminish the ability of any pilot to assert his or her position on seniority integration and/or to take legal action in defense of that position. The focus of this litigation is the unacceptability of criminal and otherwise unlawful tactics.

--------------------

USAPA, the union for USAirways Pilots

I'd even let you with all your ranting and raving ride. I guess you don't have enough self control to keep it safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back