• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA recap...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are no principles contained in the USAPA C&BL that are opposed to any principles of the ALPA C&BL when it was formed so many decades ago (something that ALPA cannot claim).

USAPA and it's supporters are unprincipled because of their actions. Words in USAPA's C&BLs ring hollow and will not convey principles on an unprincipled mob. The motivation for USAPA is transparent. It is nothing more than a sham union, it was spawned as a vehicle for a large mob at one pilot group to mug a smaller pilot group and attempt to steal their rightful seniority.

No one can trust USAPA or its supporters.

You think you understand the West but you surly don't. If we merge with UAL (absent a negotiated agreement) we want binding arbitration. And unilke the East we'll show some integrity and abide by it.

You really need to educate yourself on past events. In 2000 there were to be 1500 excess pilots as part of the UAL/AA/AAA transaction.

All furloughs to be from US Airways the remainder of the US Airways pilots to be stapled to the bottom of the American and United lists.

The deal fell apart and American went on to purchase TWA. As a former TWA'er you should be painfully aware the previous paragraphs are not flame bait.

It won't be the the ALPA love fest you're dreaming of.

Last edited:
You really need to educate yourself on past events. ... It won't be the the ALPA love fest you're dreaming of.
I'm quite familiar with those events, thank you, but your last sentence is a non sequitor. All I said was we Westies would abide by the binding arbitration. One doesn't have to like it.

So do you predict disaster when the three-arbitrator panel rules on NW/DAL?

So East pilots have not been screwed enough. How about 420 planes to 220. All the while Republic and Mesa Pilots are lining up to replace our flying. Kind of like Midwest Express and Republic.
Lost 2 mill. in my retirement account and the Nic award that took a snap shot in 2005 and put new hires above E 170 Captains with 17 years of continuos service. All this with no fences and protections .
Did I leave out the bankruptcy contract in place.

It just breaks my heart when I hear how Westies are getting screwed. You still have your own flying and no lists have been merged and you are operating under the best pay scale you ever had. Give me a break. West guys getting screwed. You can always leave like you told us Easties to do. But then we did have the best contract in the industry. Thats why all those pilots on furlough came back in 1998. They quit Southwest to come back to USAIR.

M

Boy, you were just drooling when they anounced this merger weren't you. All those years of screwing and then you told yourself it was all worth staying for because your company was going to be saved from liquadation and you'd get to staple 1800 pilots under your list. Then you got really pissed when mommy told you to play fair and no a$$ f*$(ing your new brother. What a tool.

Lost 2 mill. in my retirement account

Which retirement account MCdoosh? The one where you claim not to even be a US Airways pilot? like right here:
http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=848465#post848465

Or the one where you claim to be a UAL pilot right here:

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=1224345#post1224345

So which one is it Mcdoosh? Which retirement account did you lose this so called 2 million?

We'll time your answer with a calander.

Maybe it was the $25k you plunked down to buy your job at Gulfstream.

PFT-MCDU- one airline strike away from his next job!

All US Air pilots I fly with want to dump the divisive Nicolau crap and move on with negotiations.

What a coincidence. All of the US Airways pilots that I fly with wanted to move on with negotiations in late summer of 2007. Why would anyone think that they could successfully cast out a decision that is a result of binding arbitration AND simultaneously toss aside a contract that would have garnered 31 days of vacation, 100% DH, 100% Mechanical, better work rules and an increase of pay that could amount to over $30,000 (east side, any way)??

So East pilots have not been screwed enough. How about 420 planes to 220. All the while Republic and Mesa Pilots are lining up to replace our flying. Kind of like Midwest Express and Republic.
Lost 2 mill. in my retirement account and the Nic award that took a snap shot in 2005 and put new hires above E 170 Captains with 17 years of continuos service. All this with no fences and protections .
Did I leave out the bankruptcy contract in place.

It just breaks my heart when I hear how Westies are getting screwed. You still have your own flying and no lists have been merged and you are operating under the best pay scale you ever had. Give me a break. West guys getting screwed. You can always leave like you told us Easties to do. But then we did have the best contract in the industry. Thats why all those pilots on furlough came back in 1998. They quit Southwest to come back to USAIR.

M

It was your union and your fellow AAA pilot that sold you out... no one else. W/ all your whining- you still weren't sold out as much as that genX and gen Y pilot that you claim stole your job. Your career has been infinitely better than what our generation has had to date. At least you had it to be taken.

Latest resources

Back