• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA recap...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For what it's worth, west bros and hoes, I am distraught that Dave is being furloughed before some CEL pilots. That's plain wrong, and I've expressed this to USAPA reps.

The enemy here, of course, is the Company, who takes every opportunity to EFF things up. I guarantee they were just giddy when they started discussing the dual list furlough....plays right into their hands.

Good luck to all and fly safe.

BC

The enemy here, of course, is the Company, who takes every opportunity to EFF things up. I guarantee they were just giddy when they started discussing the dual list furlough....plays right into their hands.

BC

A USAPA guy saying that management is effing things up? Something doesn't sound right here.

For what it's worth, west bros and hoes, I am distraught that Dave is being furloughed before some CEL pilots. That's plain wrong, and I've expressed this to USAPA reps.

BC

From my perspective, the enemy here is the union that turns a blind eye to the company 'EFF'ing things up because it only screws the west pilots and therefore isn't something to worry about.

So East pilots have not been screwed enough. How about 420 planes to 220. All the while Republic and Mesa Pilots are lining up to replace our flying. Kind of like Midwest Express and Republic.
Lost 2 mill. in my retirement account and the Nic award that took a snap shot in 2005 and put new hires above E 170 Captains with 17 years of continuos service. All this with no fences and protections .
Did I leave out the bankruptcy contract in place.

It just breaks my heart when I hear how Westies are getting screwed. You still have your own flying and no lists have been merged and you are operating under the best pay scale you ever had. Give me a break. West guys getting screwed. You can always leave like you told us Easties to do. But then we did have the best contract in the industry. Thats why all those pilots on furlough came back in 1998. They quit Southwest to come back to USAIR.

M

Last edited:
So East pilots have not been screwed enough. How about 420 planes to 220. Lost 2 mill. in my retirement account and the Nic award that took a snap shot in 2005 and put new hires above E 170 Captains with 17 years of continuos service. All this with no fences and protections . Did I leave out the bankruptcy contract in place.
M

All of the items that you reference in your post occured prior to the merger, sans the "NIC". All of the horrible things that happened to your pilot group happened well before AWA was part of the mix.

Who is this 17 year continuos service pilot you reference. Was he a mainline pilot that could bid the A330? We all know the answer. Nice soundbite though.

And if fences were so important, then why did your merger committee not argue for those during arbitration? I have read the transcripts, and that was not an arguing point from your side.

Unprecedented, Nicolau, which btw the way was the East MEC's top choice, called both sides back after the presentations were complete. Asked if either side wanted to change their positions, as he was not going to rule based on either argument. The East response was, no sir we are confident with DOH.

Peace

Last edited:
So East pilots have not been screwed enough. How about 420 planes to 220. All the while Republic and Mesa Pilots are lining up to replace our flying. Kind of like Midwest Express and Republic.
Lost 2 mill. in my retirement account and the Nic award that took a snap shot in 2005 and put new hires above E 170 Captains with 17 years of continuos service. All this with no fences and protections .
Did I leave out the bankruptcy contract in place.

It just breaks my heart when I hear how Westies are getting screwed. You still have your own flying and no lists have been merged and you are operating under the best pay scale you ever had. Give me a break. West guys getting screwed. You can always leave like you told us Easties to do. But then we did have the best contract in the industry. Thats why all those pilots on furlough came back in 1998. They quit Southwest to come back to USAIR.

M

So its ok for the west pilots to get a bit of screwing from the east pilots because the East guys have been screwed several times in the past by the previous USAir management?

Sorry to hear about the ******************** sandwich you've been handed throughout your carrier - but I do not believe its right for you to seek reparatons from the AWA guys for those sandwiches. USAPA believes the west pilot is the easy target - we'll see

Quote:It happened prior to the merger. Exactly. USAIR was setting itself up for the merger. The cuts were done in order to merge.
DOH is what we believe in. Fences and protections were on the table with DOH. Thats the way all other employee groups merge and thats the way we merged with Piedmont and PSA. (Empire merged with Piedmont).

This whole debate about DOH is like trying to convince someone who is pro-choice to change his beliefs to being pro-life.

The majority of the USAIR pilots wants DOH with fences and protections. Just like all other employee groups did.

M

How have the West pilots been screwed? We are still separate. No lists have been merged. You are making more then us Easties and have two great bases. Nothing has changed. Almot all airlines are furloughing. AWA, AAA, CAL, Alaska. Many went out of business. Right? So whats the problem?

The one thing on the mind of a Westie is to have the Nic implemented. That way they become furlough proof and can move into seats once occuppied by real USAIR pilots. 2005 getting a 1988 hire number in East bases. Not gonna happen. If USAPA were pro Nic every Westie would be a proud USAPA member. Its all about the Nic windfall.

M

Last edited:
Quote:It happened prior to the merger. Exactly. USAIR was setting itself up for the merger. The cuts were done in order to merge.
DOH is what we believe in. Fences and protections were on the table with DOH. Thats the way all other employee groups merge and thats the way we merged with Piedmont and PSA. (Empire merged with Piedmont).

This whole debate about DOH is like trying to convince someone who is pro-choice to change his beliefs to being pro-life.

The majority of the USAIR pilots wants DOH with fences and protections. Just like all other employee groups did.

M

100% irrelevant. These were good arguments during negotiations and prior to arbitration, but once the arbitrator ruled, that's what you're stuck with.

You're pro-choice dribble is asinine. USAPA is more like allowing someone who is pro-choice abort a 25-year-old.

If they were polled (Bradford would never allow it by the way) I would bet you'd find the majority of ALL US Airways pilots want to move forward with contract negotiations and dump the devisive DOH crap. They see it's a non-starter. And if you can get a short-term contract with Nicolau in it, why can't you try to re-order the senority list on the next contract? USAPA knows it has zero shelf-life once the two groups are joined under one contract and the power of unity eclipses that of fear.

Oh, and let me re-read that one about USAir setting itself up for a merger. Too funny!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back