• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA members refuse to picket in Philly

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
whatever, as opposed to the whole 20 Airtran pilots I saw out infront of the ATL terminal a few years back.
You obviously missed the 160 pilots we had picketing in ATL early this summer. 10% of our pilot group made it on their day off to picket.

The West is about to be spun-off. All this internet bravado will not make a difference then. There is an airline that really has no use for a PHX desert hub.

M

"Without a merger, US Airways would liquidate and there would be no jobs." Doug Parker, 2005

Word has it somewhere between 100 and 150 showed up and picketed. So much for the title of the thread.

I think you may have miised the point. Without the support of West pilots, there will be no strike. How many America West pilots showed up with the impressive show of force and resolve? Maybe one.

I think USAPA has bigger problems to worry about having excluded 40% of the pilot group from being fairly represented. As a result, there will be no supporting the objectives of this association.

Period.

I found a few examples from our secret message boards..

1) So I'm already pissed this morning as it is and I get a call 704 936 4500. I answer the phone and the voice say "This is Mike Cleary and I would like you to join me on the picket line in Philly tomorrow" I wanted to jump THRU the phone line an strangle that bastard and would have if I could get my big azz inside the line !!

2) The nerve of this ass to even THINK that I would support usapa in ANY action against LCC is ridiculous. Ohhh I am still hot as fish grease....

3) I think the recording got the the words USAPA before I hung up. I don't need any more of my life wasted on that scum.

4) I actually said, "**** you." before I hung up.

5) My fiancee answered, rolled her eyes, hung up, looked at me and said "It was UxxxBA". LOL

Cowboy-

Ya know, i used to enjoy reading some of your posts and then countering them back in a reasonable discussion - but these posts in this thread - man what kinda of drugs you been taking today? Totally ridiculous comments - and no flame intended - just some honest criticism - it is much more enjoyable to discuss issues with you when you quote real facts - not made up dribble.

Metrojet

Cowboy-

Ya know, i used to enjoy reading some of your posts and then countering them back in a reasonable discussion - but these posts in this thread - man what kinda of drugs you been taking today? Totally ridiculous comments - and no flame intended - just some honest criticism - it is much more enjoyable to discuss issues with you when you quote real facts - not made up dribble.

Metrojet

No offense taken. I have pretty thick skin. Those were actual quotes that I posted, not made up dribble.

I don't do drugs but enjoy an occaisional Shiner Bock, from the great state of Texas. :beer:

whatever, as opposed to the whole 20 Airtran pilots I saw out infront of the ATL terminal a few years back.

A few years back? Nice try, but the first time AirTran pilots ever picketed was last spring. And we had more pilots in attendance at that event than USAPA had, despite having 1/5 as many pilots.

No offense taken. I have pretty thick skin. Those were actual quotes that I posted, not made up dribble.

I don't do drugs but enjoy an occaisional Shiner Bock, from the great state of Texas. :beer:

Well then - maybe we can have a Shiner Bock (or two) one day and settle all this - cause even though I am an east coaster - I agree with you that Texas is a great state!

Metrojet

Latest resources

Back