USAPA members refuse to picket in Philly

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Cowboy75

I understand the president and supreme leader of USAPA has made a number of phone calls asking members to participate in picketing on September 8th.

Based on the the messages I have read, to put it politely....FU, Cleary.

PRESS RELEASE
Sept. 7, 2010, 3:10 p.m. EDT · Recommend · Post:
US Airways Pilots to Protest Low Pay, Pace of Contract Talks

PHILADELPHIA, Sep 07, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- US Airline Pilots Association (USAPA):

What: The US Airline Pilots Association (USAPA), representing the pilots
of US Airways, will begin picketing tomorrow to protest what it
believes to be US Airways' deliberate efforts to drag out contract
negotiations for years, while benefiting from paying its pilots
the lowest wages among the major airlines.
When: Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Where: Philadelphia Intn'l Airport
Terminal A
Philadelphia, Penn.

The best thing the west pilots could do is show up in PHL in uniform and intentionally walk through their protest. F them!

The best thing the west pilots could do is show up in PHL in uniform and intentionally walk through their protest. F them!

I think you would have a large turnout to protest HQ in Charlotte. Not the HQ in Tempe until the pilots are unified and not being attacked by their union.

It's pretty funny reading all the FU's Cleary got on that recorded message. I'm just letting him know the answers he got since he was not around to hear our message.

Last edited:
where did you read all these "FU's"? Is there some kind of secret message board?

I found a few examples from our secret message boards..

1) So i'm already pissed this morning as it is and I get a call 704 936 4500. I answer the phone and the voice say "This is Mike Cleary and I would like you to join me on the picket line in Philly tomorrow" I wanted to jump THRU the phone line an strangle that bastard and would have if I could get my big azz inside the line !!

2) The nerve of this ass to even THINK that I would support usapa in ANY action against LCC is ridiculous. Ohhh I am still hot as fish grease....

3) I think the recording got the the words USAPA before I hung up. I don't need any more of my life wasted on that scum.

4) I actually said, "**** you." before I hung up.

5) My fiancee answered, rolled her eyes, hung up, looked at me and said "It was UxxxBA". LOL

I found a few examples from our secret message boards..

2) The nerve of this ass to even THINK that I would support usapa in ANY action against LCC is ridiculous. Ohhh I am still hot as fish grease....

Interesting statement especially with the word ANY emphasized.

The West is about to be spun-off. All this internet bravado will not make a difference then. There is an airline that really has no use for a PHX desert hub.

M

Interesting statement especially with the word ANY emphasized.

It does not create a lot of good will to sue innocent pilots who USAPA claims to represent. That was a sure way to create unity. The kind of unity required to fight and defeat tyranny.

The anger is very real and I just presented only a sample.

The USAPA announcement talks of self help down the road. That is wholly unpossible to produce results, given the current situation. Self-destruction would be more apt.

Latest resources

Back