USAPA Members Ready to move forward....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This has all been said before...

Lets just relax and let the courts settle this for us. We will never agree with one another on these issues. Thats why we all agreed to arbitration. Some of us in good faith. Others? Not so much. Nothing will be solved on these boards. Stickers will not save the day. Colored lanyards will not change a single mind. Denying a fellow pilot a ride to work does not help. Name calling and finger pointing don't seem to work either. Donate money to your cause and watch the wheels of justice work. The courts are the only place where change can happen and be implemented. Do not be baited. Do not bait. Just donate and wait.

I still disagree. Prove it with an excerpt from the letter of agreement between the wholly owned carriers and mainline. You are saying a pre AWA/AAA merger pilot could go directly from Norfolk Dash-8 Captain at Piedmont to US Air 737 FO in PHL without interviewing??? I was at one of the WO and I distinctly remember the agreement specifying an interview before hitting mainline (even if it was mostly a formality). Prove me wrong with the original agreement.

But even more telling I think is the fact that as a CEL pilot you would have had to start over at year 1 pay when you went to mainline (pre AWA merger). Now using Fr8's example I would not start over at year 1 pay when I bid the 757 yet a CEL pilot would have started over at year 1 pay if he/she had ever had the opportunity to bid mainline. How can you be at mainline if you have to start over on first year pay after x number of years???

Nobody wants to kick CEL pilots off the list, we (AWA) just don't want to stand by and watch you misrepresent the facts...

LearLove and Fr8----

You never responded to the above....Again, please enlighten me as to how could you have been a bona fide US Air pilot prior to the merger if you would have started over at year 1 pay the day you bid a 320/737 slot?????? Seems to me every other mainline pilot in the country keeps their longevity when they bid from aircraft to aircraft. But a 10 year Dash8 CEL pilot would not have suddenly become a 10 year 737 FO upon getting placed in 737 groundschool....

LearLove and Fr8----

You never responded to the above....Again, please enlighten me as to how could you have been a bona fide US Air pilot prior to the merger if you would have started over at year 1 pay the day you bid a 320/737 slot?????? Seems to me every other mainline pilot in the country keeps their longevity when they bid from aircraft to aircraft. But a 10 year Dash8 CEL pilot would not have suddenly become a 10 year 737 FO upon getting placed in 737 groundschool....

I was never MDA or US or AW but at one time (around the time MDA was created) with the CEL we had a web site called (if I remember right usairways-express) were you could bid by seniority, NO, MDA, MDA Captain only, US mainline only, that the biding they used at the time to decide who would flow thru to MDA. Shortly after the merger the website was taken down, and the mainline pilot ( US and AW ) ( ALPA and USAPA ) ( Parker and other ) decided that the flow thru was in fact preferential hiring...the rest is history.

I still disagree. Prove it with an excerpt from the letter of agreement between the wholly owned carriers and mainline. You are saying a pre AWA/AAA merger pilot could go directly from Norfolk Dash-8 Captain at Piedmont to US Air 737 FO in PHL without interviewing??? I was at one of the WO and I distinctly remember the agreement specifying an interview before hitting mainline (even if it was mostly a formality). Prove me wrong with the original agreement.

But even more telling I think is the fact that as a CEL pilot you would have had to start over at year 1 pay when you went to mainline (pre AWA merger). Now using Fr8's example I would not start over at year 1 pay when I bid the 757 yet a CEL pilot would have started over at year 1 pay if he/she had ever had the opportunity to bid mainline. How can you be at mainline if you have to start over on first year pay after x number of years???

Nobody wants to kick CEL pilots off the list, we (AWA) just don't want to stand by and watch you misrepresent the facts...

Interesting, the nic award is binding ( I agree with that ), but your trying to say that the WO flow thru ( that we got in exchange for pay cut ) is not binding because of XXXX ( whatever excuse you want to come up with ) I guess you west guy's have no more integrity than the east guy. East and west pilot's are made for eachother. BTW integrity matters.

The only way to prove it is to take you to court and win...However it's unlikely that the PDT or PSA MEC would ever grow balls big enought to do that.
Anyway all the guy's that wanted to go either went to MDA, got hired at mainline or got hired and put in a hiring poo,l so I expect that this matter is probably behind us for good.

Interesting, the nic award is binding ( I agree with that ), but your trying to say that the WO flow thru ( that we got in exchange for pay cut ) is not binding because of XXXX ( whatever excuse you want to come up with ) I guess you west guy's have no more integrity than the east guy. East and west pilot's are made for eachother. BTW integrity matters.

I'm all for a 100% flow through from the WO's. I just don't buy the argument that they were mainline pilots and should have DOH at mainline. In other words I don't think somebody who was flying a DHC-8 for Piedmont when the merger was announced should be senior to anybody who was working at AWA. Sure they should get a spot at mainline if they want it but Fr8's assertion that CEL pilots were in fact mainline pilots is ridiculous IMHO.....They should be offered a spot at the bottom of the list. The company screwed up by not interviewing every WO pilot prior to outside guys for the newhire slots....

Latest resources

Back