• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA may mean Nic implemented immediately

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One MEC, no Transition agreement, imposed LOA on AMW, that equals a joint contract. Hello NIC!!. The only fun part about this will be watching the union busting jaws hit the floor when they figure out how badly they justed F-ed themselves. That will be hysterical.

I think the USAPA crowd has about a 99.9% chance of failing miserably, and the best part is that if they succeed and the courts uphold that the union gets to decide seniority, the rest of us get to move the age 60 crowd to the bottom of the list!!

I think the USAPA crowd has about a 99.9% chance of failing miserably, and the best part is that if they succeed and the courts uphold that the union gets to decide seniority, the rest of us get to move the age 60 crowd to the bottom of the list!!

A better spokesman for ALPA you will not find

Just so I don't mislead anyone, I meant the OVER 60 crowd to the bottom....:D

The Show goes on and on
3 ALPA carriers bite the dust in as many weeks. MESA on the brink. But the ALPA "Mother Ship" show must go on. Business as usual! ALPA MEC meeting is being held at the at the Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC, described as one of the, “Top 100 Hotels of the World." Following are some of the descriptions of this hotel from their web site: "Quite simply we offer guests a new level of luxury." "Our elegant rooms and suites offer wonderful views. Our restaurant, CityZen, is under the guidance of Eric Ziebold, one of America’s ‘best new chefs’. Our spa facilities have earned one of the highest accolades in the region. Guests enjoy wonderful views over the stately city sights and waterfront. At Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC, we pride ourselves on providing a level of luxury that is unique in the American capital... grandeur that greets our hotel guests at every turn." Rooms with an airline discount run about $300/night. For those interested in learning more about the manner in which ALPA spends your dues dollars, click here to visit the Mandarin Oriental's web site. The hotel offers no shuttle service so those pilots wishing to attend must find their own way.

From PSA's ALPA Phone message:

ALPA National Updates
5a: In light of the recent or impending loss of a large number of pilots from ALPA, including those from US Airways, America West, Skyway, Aloha, ATA, and Champion, ALPA faces a significant shortfall in its operating budget from diminished dues revenues. The ALPA Executive Council and Executive Board, at its recent meeting this week, took action on two items that will help close the gap on this funding shortfall.
The first initiative passed by the Council and the Board were the adoption of two resolutions to change both the Constitution and By- Laws and the Administrative Manual to allow 401(k) contributions to be subject to ALPA dues for all ALPA pilots. Current policy exempts 401(k) contributions from dues if a 401(k) plan is the only form of retirement plan available to a pilot group, such as here at PSA. If a pilot group had access to a Defined Contribution or similar plan, their 401(k) contributions would be subject to dues. With the freezing or elimination of virtually all of these available plans at those carriers, the pilots of those carriers find themselves paying dues on 401(k) contributions while that plan is their sole remaining retirement vehicle. In the interest of fairness and with consideration of the fiscal shortfall, the Council and Board adopted the proposed resolutions to subject all 401(k) contributions to ALPA dues. This change will not take effect until it is approved by a 2/3 majority vote of the Board of Directors.

absolutely out of hand is all I have to say. These guys are running whilly nilly with everyone elses money like teenagers with a parents credit card.

Last edited:
PCL's point is correct. ALPA always hold its BoD meetings in UNION hotels. They're more expensive because of it.

But, its the right thing to do for a UNION meeting.

PCL's point is correct. ALPA always hold its BoD meetings in UNION hotels. They're more expensive because of it.

But, its the right thing to do for a UNION meeting.

I agree, Unions should support other Unions.
However, they should try to control the bar tabs as well as the extravagant dinners.

Latest resources

Back