• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Usapa has to go.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm curious, is USAPA funded well enough to litigate this indefinitely? I'd imagine they have invested million so far to avoid the JCBA, and keep their status-quo.

I'm curious, is USAPA funded well enough to litigate this indefinitely? I'd imagine they have invested million so far to avoid the JCBA, and keep their status-quo.

Way off. USAPA gets between 9-10 Mil a year in dues & objector fees. The former lawyer that promised a "slam-dunk" w/ DOH, has since left. I think USAPA still owes that firm $$, and ANOTHER law firm is being used to look into the billing for those services. Still ANOTHER law firm tackled the NYC lawsuit against the company for status quo (last Spring). Even at that I believe we are in the hole, so to speak.

There may be one other law firm involved as well. In four years of delay, USAPA has spent well over 10,000,000.00 in various legal maneuvers. They also tried to sue 18+ AWA pilots for RICO charges (as in Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act!!!). That lawsuit was initially dismissed with PREJUDICE, so naturally USAPA APPEALED that decision and it was dismissed AGAIN. :confused:

It would be stinking hilarious if I weren't helping USAPA pay for this crap (it's either that or get fired for failing to pay union dues). :puke:

The former AWA pilots have had to spend in excess of 2 Million dollars in personal funds alone on the defense of the DOH quest.

Just can't grasp the concept of membership ratification can we ?

PS Without it you have NOTHING AND NEVER WILL.

Every bit as much as you can grasp "integrity", "final & binding", and one of my favorites: "We formed our union based on the principles of democracy, transparency and free thought." (although court testimony & documents state that the union was formed to evade / delay the Nicolau award).

One vote is right. Right after Judge Silver instructs LCC on what they may/may not do and if they will be held accountable in a hybrid DFR claim (if anything other than the Nicolau seniority list is used).

Then we can get REAL leadership, and REAL experienced negotiators to actually negotiate something equal to or superior to the AWA contract with perhaps DAL style wages.

We'll see if the majority of the east pilots are tired of the USAPA Circus and its ringmaster Mike Cleary. If not, then you can languish on your existing contract until you figure it out.

The company knows USAPA is on a fool's mission and is taking full advantage of it. Till the East pilots are ready to accept what they signed up for, the company will play them and LOA 93 will rule. The ball is in the East pilot's court, do not blame ANYONE but yourselfs for where you stand.

That's the feeling I get. LCC management is benefiting from the Eastie's self-imposed B scale.

This seemed to be the best place to put this information:

Fellow LCC aviators;
ReformUSAPA is a website that was created for the sole purpose of changing the USAPA Constitution & Bylaws. If you had gone to the website previously (www.reformusapa.com) and completed the petitions in the past, they have EXPIRED.

With the potential of new USAPA leadership, we are again ramping up the efforts to legally change USAPA to be a union for all LCC pilots. Please go to the website. Read the home page, and bring up the petitions (there are three). Even if you disagree with the Nicolau seniority arbitration, the other two are positive changes to make our union MORE democratic (and LESS autocratic). Even if you are wishing to return to ALPA (or go to some other CBA), you should do this while you wait for that change.

Thank you for taking the time to review this information.

Regards,
CB

Latest resources

Back