• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Usapa has to go.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Some would have found a better career, certainly. But, a whole lot of them would have suffered immensely in the meantime... How quickly we forget that there are 28000 non-pilot employees here, and this place doesn't revolve around the pilots or our petty disputes (no matter how much we want it to). Many of them are quite happy here, and would take exception to your ideas that they would be better off if their job went away.

I'm a west pilot and I agree with you here. I always thought it was a little simplistic to state that furloughed easties, or any other for that matter, should have moved on because they supposedly should have known.

Now we are getting to the point where in retrospect it may look like the same could be said of the westies at some future date. Only it aint so simple now that we're in the middle of it.

Vet,

How do you like the A320, compared to the 737?

As hard as we work these days, the A320 is a much more comfortable airplane to make a living in. The 737, at least the 300s I flew, couldn't hold a candle to the bus in that regard. Plus all the FA whining about the 737 is gone and the passengers seem more content than they did in the 737.

That said, as an aero machine, I much prefer the 737. As far as hand flying it goes, it beats the bus hands down. No contest. Not even close.

Overall though, I'm happy in the bus. I wouldn't bid back to the 737 even if I could.

As hard as we work these days, the A320 is a much more comfortable airplane to make a living in. The 737, at least the 300s I flew, couldn't hold a candle to the bus in that regard. Plus all the FA whining about the 737 is gone and the passengers seem more content than they did in the 737.

That said, as an aero machine, I much prefer the 737. As far as hand flying it goes, it beats the bus hands down. No contest. Not even close.

Overall though, I'm happy in the bus. I wouldn't bid back to the 737 even if I could.

Ahhhhh, excellent! Another CA that can help teach me all my old bad (Bus) habits! See you in the Spring! :beer:

Adding more fuel to the fire...

I found this today in the PHL crew room:

letter <----- Do NOT read this if you are faint-hearted.

I asked this before, blame USAPA or it's leaders?

The west has been tearing this union apart. In the end, nobody will look at them fondly. They are what they are. God, 2012 will be great!

The now resigned safety chair was not west. No one from the west is on the negiotating committee. The west has never held a president or EVP position or any officer position. The west did not hire the previous law firm that blew through 7 million bucks with no results.

The west was a regional airline that was told that we would have an industry leading contract 60 days after USAPA came on the property according to the literature mailed to my home. Now just exactly how did the west tear the union apart?

The west wants a new contract just as much as you do. I am prepared to remain on our present contract until my retirement. I wish things were different.

Last edited:
The west has been tearing this union apart. In the end, nobody will look at them fondly. They are what they are. God, 2012 will be great!

Typically delusional East response. I've never met a group so capable of deflecting any and ALL blame for their situation. These A-holes have been standing in a circular firing squad for decades and still blame the bullets for the pain. Complete idiots. 2012 WILL be great. USAPA is doomed, the legal proceedings are less than two months away, it's their 4th Anniversarry and they have completely FAILED every single pilot East and West all the while charging Industry LEADING dues. The brain damaged "leadership" thinks the average line pilot is too stupid to notice. 2012 is the year the East and USAPA get crushed under their own arrogance and treachery...it will be a GREAT year!

Last edited:

Typically delusional East response. I've never met a group so capable of deflecting any and ALL blame for their situation. These A-holes have been standing in a circular firing squad for decades and still blame the bullets for the pain. Complete idiots. 2012 WILL be great. USAPA is doomed, the legal proceedings are less than two months away, it's their 4th Anniversarry and they have completely FAILED every single pilot East and West all the while charging Industry LEADING dues. The brain damaged "leadership" thinks the average line pilot is too stupid to notice. 2012 is the year the East and USAPA get crushed under their own arrogance and treachery...it will be a GREAT year!

Great post.

I know it's hard to do, but I would suggest that all westies just ignore St. Nic and MCDU. There is no way either one of those guys can be as stupid as their posts imply. I believe that both of them are just a couple of juvenile trolls, trying to stir up sh!t on this board.

Actually, they appear to reflect the attitudes of the Pickleballer's Union as enumerated by the letter.

Latest resources

Back