• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Usapa has to go.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll answer for myself: Yes my money was used. I had 1/4 of my 401K in AWA stock. By the time the announcement was made I couldn't jump ship. The stock price for the new company opened at $19.50. It SAILED up to $60 a share. I jumped ship (like many of the large investors) North of $50.00 (better to be lucky vs. smart sometimes).

BTW, you may have forgotten the following events (after 9/11): AWA was the FIRST MAJOR AIRLINE to bring back ALL furloughed pilots. AWA was the FIRST MAJOR AIRLINE to start hiring off the streets (we hired a bunch of AAA furloughees, and a couple that just plain QUIT AAA for the cesspool that had become). AWA was the FIRST MAJOR AIRLINE to negotiate a post-9/11 contract (and we did that in less than 3 years), and frankly at the time (2004) the wages weren't too bad.

AAA had/has some value, but not as much as the USAPIAN faithful seem to think they do. Had the USAPIAN faithful not taken us on this ride, we would have had a new and better contract for all of us, AND now be negotiating a SECOND post-merger contract. The ONLY reason that we are in this crap is because one group fails to accept a final & binding seniority integration and the smaller group is FORCED to defend our position (while helping you fellas pay for the attack on us).

Have a Merry Christmas, Charlie. Maybe the new year will bring an end to this nonsense, it is the season of miracles after all.

Hi CB,

I am not a financial consultant but I would never invest money in the corporation I work for because if the company goes out of business I will lose my income and my investment. Sir I suggest you DIVEST.

You say US Airways had some value? Seriously? We were about to be Ch 7. That's 7. Do you know what Ch 7 is? I do. We had NO value at all and you Sir bought us...OOPS. Should have invested in mutual funds or Coca Cola. You bought us and now you have to wait many years to get your justice...bad investiment. In the future don't ever expect a bunch of old experienced pilots to accept being your FO's...integrtiy, binding blah, blah, blah.

I never got a gold star in 3rd grade reading, but I think CB said he rode his investment from $18 to $50 and dumped it. Good thing you're not a financial consultant, but you sound like you could use one.

Hi CB,

I am not a financial consultant but I would never invest money in the corporation I work for because if the company goes out of business I will lose my income and my investment. Sir I suggest you DIVEST.

You say US Airways had some value? Seriously? We were about to be Ch 7. That's 7. Do you know what Ch 7 is? I do. We had NO value at all and you Sir bought us...OOPS. Should have invested in mutual funds or Coca Cola. You bought us and now you have to wait many years to get your justice...bad investiment. In the future don't ever expect a bunch of old experienced pilots to accept being your FO's...integrtiy, binding blah, blah, blah.

Aka: the best scenario for all involved would have been to let usair go out of business-

Aka: the best scenario for all involved would have been to let usair go out of business-

The PFT generation once again shows it true colors. Just wait your turn. What goes up must come down.

M

I never got a gold star in 3rd grade reading, but I think CB said he rode his investment from $18 to $50 and dumped it. Good thing you're not a financial consultant, but you sound like you could use one.

I know what he said and I am sincerely happy for him that he made a killing. Like he said though he was lucky. I really do believe you shouldn't buy stock in the company you work for though. Yes I definitely need a financial consultant...you should see my portfolio...I'm going to have to be a Walmart greeter after I turn 65.

C2, never said anything about the whole AWA/AAA who purchased who fight? My AWA stock split, what did U stock do? Taco came here looking for solutions to get off LOA 93 and found out only thru the Nic. will the pilot group move on, so the stalemate continues. I guess the new Section 1 CoC dream is the new wait till moment till reality hit you again. Enjoy the holidays, you only live once!!!!

C2, never said anything about the whole AWA/AAA who purchased who fight? My AWA stock split, what did U stock do? Taco came here looking for solutions to get off LOA 93 and found out only thru the Nic. will the pilot group move on, so the stalemate continues. I guess the new Section 1 CoC dream is the new wait till moment till reality hit you again. Enjoy the holidays, you only live once!!!!

Hey Carl Merry Christmas! It is because I only live once that I just poured my second scotch (it's OK I'm on east coast time) while mixing up the spices for tomorrows prime rib. I think you are spot on with the CoC remark but you have to admit that with all the rumors of a M/A and the belief (right or wrong) that it would make the nic a moot point is pretty powerful stuff. I say powerful because please remember that the nic puts your two month guy ahead of our 16.5 year guy...that's powerful stuff man. We really don't lose anything in the meantime because whether we like it or not we are going to wait until the DJ is decided which if I have my info right will be next spring. So all this hoping on a CoC is free. If we lose that then we go back to the table with our wonderful management team and if we ever get to the point that we get to vote...well I don't think it will ratify until enough eastinfections retire in maybe 4 or 5 years? As I read FI posts it seems there are a lot of westies that think the tide is changing out east and we will soon change our minds but as a line pilot (block holder) who flies his butt off I just don't see that.

That was the SWA business plan about 5-7 years ago. Too bad for you that didn't happen.

I've got some news for you: this, and other companies, aren't going away. You're going to have to live with the competition. And the wages it earns. Which is, of course, why you are on this thread: you have the most to lose. Happy holidays!

Latest resources

Back